February 2023 Book of the Month Club. Choose Your Own.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just scrolled through the thread from the beginning, and noticed a couple early comments from members who were possibly going to be joining us this month.

catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback :
Did you end up reading any of the Discworld books this month? If so, any comments? Don't worry about writing a coherent review. ;) Doesn't even have to be an actual review. Just the title and whether you enjoyed it or not is fine too.

laureen227 laureen227 :
Did your book arrive? Did you get a chance to read it?
I started rereading Night Watch in February, but gave it up, it’s one of the grimmer City Watch set. Reread Helene Hanff’s Underfoot in Show Business and 84 Charing Cross Road, which I didn’t enjoy nearly as much as I used to, sadly.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I started rereading Night Watch in February, but gave it up, it’s one of the grimmer City Watch set. Reread Helene Hanff’s Underfoot in Show Business and 84 Charing Cross Road, which I didn’t enjoy nearly as much as I used to, sadly.
That's too bad you didn't enjoy rereading the books as much as usual. Maybe you just weren't in the mood for them.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so instead summarizing all the books we read this month in a list, here's a visual of them by their cover. Ordered by author's name.

1677677823058.png

1677677861955.png

1677677985497.png

1677678008615.png

1677678037078.png

Thanks for reading with us again this month.

And since it's March now, onto "Pretty Little Wife"
March 2023 Book of the Month Club---Pretty Little Wife

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Just scrolled through the thread from the beginning, and noticed a couple early comments from members who were possibly going to be joining us this month.

catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback :
Did you end up reading any of the Discworld books this month? If so, any comments? Don't worry about writing a coherent review. ;) Doesn't even have to be an actual review. Just the title and whether you enjoyed it or not is fine too.

laureen227 laureen227 :
Did your book arrive? Did you get a chance to read it?
Definitely (auto delivery on Kindle). It was really good!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's too bad you didn't enjoy rereading the books as much as usual. Maybe you just weren't in the mood for them.
That could well be. I’d read all the previous City Watch set just before, probably lost the urge. It’s years since I read the Hanff books and I always enjoyed them a lot (even visited the actual 84 Charing Cross Road when it was a music store) but this time, just nope.