February 2022 book of the month club - The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a good deal, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 . :)

I started reading it last night. Only read 1 chapter so far, but was surprised to see it's 498 pages long. Guess I'll have to read more than 1 chapter a day, if I'm going to finish it before my library loan runs out.
Some chapters are only like a page long, so yeah. :lol: The short chapters worked in my favor, because when I was reading at night before bed or J was napping, I was less likely to end up smack dab in the middle of one when she woke up.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some chapters are only like a page long, so yeah. :lol: The short chapters worked in my favor, because when I was reading at night before bed or J was napping, I was less likely to end up smack dab in the middle of one when she woke up.
I prefer short chapters too. I'm more likely to read another short one than start a long one.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm 107 pages in. The "author's note" is actually a new foreword to the book, and was the story of how the book was "born," where the author was, her state of mind, and it really adds depth to the book, itself. The bookmark is nice...permanently attached, like those on bibles, so I don't have to worry about losing it, or having it fall into the bath tub.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm 107 pages in.
I'm on page 78 of 498. How many pages in the hard cover version?

The "author's note" is actually a new foreword to the book, and was the story of how the book was "born," where the author was, her state of mind, and it really adds depth to the book, itself.
Not sure if the e-book has the author's note or not. It may be at the end of the book. If it isn't, you'll have to tell us what she had to say about writing of the book.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been reading a lot, but I am in no way anywhere close to Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 's league, since I'm on day 6 and still only 69% read.

I probably would have read more last night, if I hadn't had to stop and Google
whispering arches at Grand Central Station
to see if they really existed. And they do. So cool. :)

So how's everyone else doing with their reading?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been reading a lot, but I am in no way anywhere close to Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 's league, since I'm on day 6 and still only 69% read.

I probably would have read more last night, if I hadn't had to stop and Google
whispering arches at Grand Central Station
to see if they really existed. And they do. So cool. :)

So how's everyone else doing with their reading?
I didn't google that, but before I had to rush, I was looking up what clothes looked like in the different historical chapters so I could have a mental image of what people were wearing.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished it this morning. It was a long book, and it took almost a week to finish it, but I read it slowly, so it wouldn't end too soon. I have lots of thoughts on it, so can't wait for the 22nd when we can start discussing it.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on page 78 of 498. How many pages in the hard cover version?

Not sure if the e-book has the author's note or not. It may be at the end of the book. If it isn't, you'll have to tell us what she had to say about writing of the book.
My library hardback has 442 pages. I don’t see an author’s note but I didn’t want to look too hard and see anything that might give me a clue to the end. Holy Moly I like this book!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
IF your copy has an author's note, it will be in the front of the book. Don't be afraid to read it. It talks about where the author was in her life when Addie was "born," and actually adds some depth to the book without giving away any of it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IF your copy has an author's note, it will be in the front of the book. Don't be afraid to read it. It talks about where the author was in her life when Addie was "born," and actually adds some depth to the book without giving away any of it.
I feel like there was an author's note/acknowledgement in the back, but maybe it's a different note.