Favorite Thanksgiving sides by US state

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I like mashed potatoes, but stuffing is always my favorite. I need to speak to the people who think gravy is a side dish. It's like saying mayo or ketchup is a side dish to a hamburger or sandwich.
I like a side of ketchup with my fries

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never seen mac and cheese at Thanksgiving dinner either, there are already more then enough carbs. I am not a huge Green Bean Casserole fan but it is usually there and I eat some of it. Dressing or Stuffing is my favorite. It has been years since I had it stuffed in the turkey so I usually call it dressing now.
We always have mac-and-cheese! There is a sort of unspoken competition among family members and friends as to who makes the best baked mac-and-cheese. I am the winner in my family; however, one of my friends thinks hers is better. It is not. I can tell by looking at it. Haha!

Ohio, why!?! Green bean casserole is gross. My mother-in-law usually makes it. At my house, though, we have normal green beans with onions and bacon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew it would be stuffing! I love that stuff more than anything in life. :thumbsup:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know why Green Bean Casserole became such a thing for the holidays. It was one of many recipes that Campbells published in the 50's when casseroles made with condensed cream soups was a big thing. It was just one of many recipes but for some reason that one caught on and became a big thing.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why Green Bean Casserole became such a thing for the holidays. It was one of many recipes that Campbells published in the 50's when casseroles made with condensed cream soups was a big thing. It was just one of many recipes but for some reason that one caught on and became a big thing.
I love Green Bean Casserole. I was looking forward to having it for dinner yesterday but when I got it I saw that it was loaded with bacon. I have never seen Green Bean Casserole with meat.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
For me (native of Pennsylvania), Thanksgiving without stuffing is unimaginable. Other side dishes can vary, but turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce are "musts".