Favorite Thanksgiving Dishes

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
butternut squash has some natural sweetness to it, which is part of why i love it. :)

i have absolutely no problem with adding sugar and/or salt to things. i like both, and don't tend to add too much of either in the foods/meals i make.
I love both sugar and salt. I need to cut back on both of them as I have high blood pressure and I'm overweight.

Ellen

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WE don’t have it here so what do you have along with the turkey and stuffing ? It sounds like our Xmas dinner or Sunday roast . Although I make the latter every Sunday however with less sides and dressings , with chicken and stuffing as I love roast potatoes!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I always cube butternut squash, about 1-1/2 inch cubes and then drizzle with olive oil, a wee bit of kosher salt and lots of pepper and mix with my hands. And then roast it at about 425 F for 30 - 40 minutes, turning the squash cubes over once during the roast. It caramelizes from the heat and it is so good. Sometimes I'll add some baby carrots to the mix, too. My GYN-doctor vows that dark orange veggies are wonderful for us! I'm trying to eat squash twice a week.