Favorite Musical Moment From A Non-musical Movie Or Series

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw a preview for a movie starring Toni Collette. Now, I am in the mood to watch Muriel's Wedding, a movie that contains one of my favorite musical moments in a non-musical. It got me wondering what other musical moments people like.

Here are my top two:

"Waterloo" from "Muriel's Wedding" (The music starts at 1:27. The scene before it sets it up.) *Strong language.

"London Thumakda" from "Queen"

Honorable mention only because it is a musical episode:
Everything in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer's musical episode "Once More with Feeling," especially "Rest in Peace."

HUDSONPAT

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Theme from romantic movie, Somewhere in Time. With Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. It can be played on you tube. Whenever I am having stress, I listen, and it takes me to another time and place. Hope you enjoy it too.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the first Twilight movie, when Edward plays "Bella's Lullaby" on the piano. It doesn't really have anything to do about the "romance part" of the movie, I just really love that piece of music.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I just came here to post the Buffy episode and you already posted it, so kudos!

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, also season 2 of American Horror Story where Jessica Lange’s character is in the asylum and has a musical number with the jukebox and all the patients start dancing.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the movie Kate and Leopold, there is a little upbeat violin piece that gets played a couple of times. I've found the original piece but the one in the movie is, I guess you could say, a remix and I like it better, but there isn't an actual full version of it.
I also like this little scene from my favorite show Castle, 1. because I love all versions of that song and 2. I love the singing voices of Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic.