Favorite attribute of your cat(s)?

Cataria

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you have something about your cats, like visual appearance or little behaviors they do, that you absolutely adore? What is your favorite?

- Shade is very determined about lying on my back whenever I am sleeping. No matter how much I move, she immediately climbs back on with no complaining.
- Meko licks my eyelids every morning, as soon as my alarm goes off. It's gross but hilarious.
- Ashwin is my most dedicated lap cat. Anytime I'm on the computer he ends up on my lap and half the time I don't even notice he's there.
- Peridot is *huge*. I always wanted a big cat and lucky for me, I ended up with this huge, ginormous ball of chill.
- Kismet likes to fake-suckle on my neck and blankets. She puts her face really close and just darts her tongue in and out a lot -- it's super adorable, albeit a little slobbery...
- Camo adores her (now adult) kittens. I've never seen a cat so obsessed with other cats. She's always rubbing against them, bathing them, following them around, checking in on them if they seem unhappy (like if I am pilling one of them) -- her behavior is just so fascinating to me!
- Henna is extremely talkative and a loud-mouth. She meows -- loudly -- about everything. It would be annoying if she wasn't so cute, haha.
- Shiloh, in contrast, has a quiet chirp of a meow. She sounds like a baby kitten. Considering she is a 14 lb cat, the contrast is hilarious.
- Ronan is a huge, submissive baby. When he is scared, he hides his head and only his head. I don't think he's figured out that just because he can't see you doesn't mean you can't see him.
- Mosaic has an attitude. She likes petted, but on her terms. She's about as likely to be cranky as she is to be friendly. This doesn't sound like a positive attribute, but it reminds me of one of my deceased cats, Sweetie.
- Treble loves feet. She doesn't like to be petted or to be picked up, but if she sees a foot, she's all over it.

What little things about your cats are your favorite?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My Willow has very unique and totally adorable habit. While 99% of cats, including Willow, hiss when they are angry or fearful, she also hisses for no apparent reason. She will just be standing or sitting, ears forward, relaxed and not really looking at anything in particular and she will open her mouth and a hiss comes out. It’s very odd and very cute.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie:

He has an adorable squeak, which you wouldn't expect from such a big cat. He does chirp when he sees birds, but it's so high-pitched. The birds would probably just laugh at him :lol:

When I'm on the computer or sitting on the couch, he'll come over, squeak at me, and get up on his hind legs for a good scritch. He didn't use to seek affection, so this means the world to me. Lets me know I've done something right.

Selene:

Unlike Charlie, she's been affectionate from Day 1. The day I brought her home was only the second time she had seen me, so I was still pretty much a stranger. Not that you'd know it from this-
selenefirstday.JPG

I think she placed an enormous amount of trust in me.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Franklin somehow always knew when I was sad and needed a cat.

Willow, the new baby, is a spoiled wotten widda pwincess. I shouldn't like this, but I think it's really cute how she has NO manners at all when it comes to begging for people food. Nothing I eat is even species appropriate for a cat, but while the dogs pour on the charm hoping I'll share with them, the kitty will take food right off my plate or take a bite of my sandwich right out of my hands.

She is fearless when it comes to new experiences, even culinary experiences. :lol:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blues contact meows...if we are out of sight of each other..inside or outside, every few minutes he lets out a meow and if I don't answer the meows rise quickly in pitch and volume and he comes running to find me. And when he puts himself to bed at night he meows several times to tell me where he is, then within a few minutes he is asleep.
Really cute.
A cat meowed on the TV one day and I automatically answered it. Shows how well the cat has trained me..lol

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love how chatty my Neko-chan is. She says hello whenever I come home, makes little squeaks while I'm in the bathroom, and makes little grumbly meows while I prep her wet food. I also love her little red nose that looks like it's outlined in black eyeliner. And my heart just melts every morning when she drapes herself over my neck and purrs.

jisaacson214

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Grembly is the most loving & affectionate cat I've ever had. She loves to snuggle with me & will lay on my chest with her head in the crook of my neck purring away. Her highly inquisitive nature is both endearing & maddening at times. Grembly needs to investigate everything & watches how I do things, often offering to assist. If I'm standing up & Ember wants to be held, she will leap straight up from the floor into my arms, sometimes without my knowing she's coming. When she's laying on her back being playful, Ember will curl up & hold one of her back feet. It's the same foot every time! She'll rub her face on her foot & look like she's cuddling it. Adorable.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We call Fudge "Ralph" because he has a similar personality to that of my late grandfather, who also had the name :lol: He'll also always knead whenever he goes to sit on my lap, and loves giving nose kisses - when he's come back inside from playing, he'll always greet me with a kiss/boop on the nose. He purrs all the time, and loves tummy tickles.

Toffee is more like a little kitten and is still very curious and inquisitive. He'll watch everything you do and is particularly fascinated by cutlery and printers! He loves watching the neighbours going about their day from the inside when he's in the sitting room and will perch on top of the window and look out. He often leaves us presents in the morning as he collects all his toy mice and leaves them on our place in the sofa. He'll also roll around on his tummy when he wants cuddles, or will tap us on the leg if he thinks we're not giving him enough attention, lol.

Both Toffee and Fudge will jump up from the gate and will be waiting for us outside our house the second we get home and we're greeted with lots of meows and purrs. They also "dance" for their food and run in and out of the house (they're fed outside near the kitchen) as if they think it'll make the food come quicker.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Willow is very vocal and might enjoy contact mews the way Blues does! I'm getting some great ideas for getting to know her better. Thank you, everyone.

Another thing she does that I probably shouldn't love as much as I do is climb me like a tree. We hike a lot and I'm inexperienced with dogs, so it's safer for her to feel safe taking the initiative. I don't really need to wear shorts, dresses, tank tops etc. as much as I need a healthy and uninjured kitten.

But....

She not only uses body language to communicate her DESIRE to be picked up 95% of the time I don't have enough fabric over me not to leak red stuff when she uses her claws to climb up me, she used the exact same body language to keep from damaging my rain gear. How could a cat know or care about how expensive my clothes are?

I think I'm going to like this kitten. She's going to be a much bigger handful than any cat I've had since Tacy (Aby who owned me from 1995-2009) but she's perfect.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Graham is the most talkative and a squeaker. I love her little squeaks, too. She is also a total lap cat. It is amusing how she flops her body down so heavily at anytime, anywhere.

Bourbon loves to stare. And she stares at me a looot, especially when she needs something. When the stares do not work, she either swats my face or jumps suddenly on my stomach when I am sitting on the sofa or lying in bed.

Barley, on the other hand is a comedian even if he is not aware of it.

Pepsi amuses me with his zoomies which he does everyday of his life. He would start from the ground floor all the way to the bedrooms on the second floor of the house, and back again. Then, like a toy that has ran out of batteries, he’d drop on the floor and sleep.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For Lily, the physical attributes would be her over sized expressive eyes, the fact that she is so tiny and she has the softest fur I've ever felt on a cat. As for personality, she is simply the most affectionate cat and when she gets excited she lets out these "warrior meows" as she plays with her toys. She's really funny when she plays too. I don't think she ever played before we adopted her (she used to be withdrawn and depressed), and when she plays, she's a bit of a spaz.

For Bynx, the physical attributes are his super shiny jet black fur and bright green eyes. He also has fine fur around his upper eye lid/eyelash area, so it looks like he is wearing white eyeliner. It's so cool. As for personality. He is so friendly with everybody and trills all the time. His vocalizations are music to my ears.

For Chester, the physical attributes would be his coat pattern, he is a dilute orange tabby, so his fur is more of a strawberry blond with a silver sheen to it, it's beautiful. He also has one of those faces that when he looks up at you he looks like he's pleading and it melts your heart. His athletic abilities are super impressive also! And he's always up for some playtime. He's coming into his own (and growing up) and is become more and more of a lap cat. It's instant purring when he gets his pets and love. I also find it so cute how patient he is, especially in the morning when he wants his first wet meal. He comes into our room, jumps up on the bed and walks right up to my face. He'll stare at me for a minute, then settle right beside me until I wake up. He shows his patience with so many other things as well.

And ALL my kitties are so gentile and have never displayed any form of aggression, with people and each other. The they are super playful, but they just know their boundaries, and the boundaries are different depending on who they are associating with and they know the difference.

You know, it's kinda hard to just pinpoint one or two things I love about my cats.:lol:

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love that Honeybunny always wants to sleep next to me-not just at night. It could be 2pm, she'll be chillin on the floor doing whstever, and i'll feel a little tired so ill lay down on our big couch-and she'll literally look up like "oh! She's laying down!" And come jump on the couch and lay down next to me for a nap ❤

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My wife and I have four housecats just now, and probably twelve to fifteen feral cats that come by for a hand out from time to time. While we wouldn't take a million dollars for any one of them, there is this one little standout that we are so blessed to share our lives with.

We have a small calico housecat we named Patches, who lost her right front leg as a tiny kitten. Our Vet ask if we could give her a home when she was 12 weeks old, and of course we said yes. That was one of the best decisions we ever made. This little cat never fails to amaze at the things she can do without having her front leg. She finds a way to do ANYTHING the other cats do. She cleans and grooms herself, she runs, jumps, climbs, stalks, and plays just like her "sisters and brother". It is such a pleasure to have her living with us.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie had to be put to sleep a couple of weeks ago, but I still want to share some favorite attributes. Sometimes I wouldn't know where he was and I'd say "where are you?" Sweetie would always immediately come out where I could see him like just he understood and was saying "I'm right here mom." Another thing was that was a favorite was the way he let me know I had his total and complete unconditional trust.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie had to be put to sleep a couple of weeks ago, but I still want to share some favorite attributes. Sometimes I wouldn't know where he was and I'd say "where are you?" Sweetie would always immediately come out where I could see him like just he understood and was saying "I'm right here mom." Another thing was that was a favorite was the way he let me know I had his total and complete unconditional trust.
I am so sorry about you losing your Sweetie. It sounds like his name fit him perfectly.