Favorite Animal

What is your favorite animal

• Dog

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Cat

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Birds ( chickens, ducks, parakeets and so on)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have several different animals that are my favorites- birds, dogs, and other and am curious how many others there is out there that just doesn't have one type of favorite.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than cats I like wild birds they are very fascinating. How do they know just how to make a nest so sturdy and perfectly? I love hearing their complex and beautiful songs.

I also like wolves. They are not the monsters that stories make them out to be. They are actually skittish of people. Hearing them at night is quite cool as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also like Wolves. I have Native American ancestry so I respect any wild animal and I believe in animal guides/spirits. I'm pretty positive the Wolf is my animal guide. I've had several conversations with family who have wanted me to hunt beside them and I told them I don't think I could ever kill an animal even if it was life or death situation. Does anyone else understand this and share my views/opinions?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While I love all animals I am a cat person to the core. Big cats, little cats. I love them all. I also love all bears but I'm not sure I'd want one living in the house with me. :lol:

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think I would want an actual bear to be living in the house with me either. I do know that there is hamsters that are called Teddy Bear hamsters and I wouldn't mind one of them in the house.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm definitely a cat person. I go back and forth between missing having a dog and not. I don't miss having to clean up the yard; so no dogs in our near future. ;) But cats; I can deal with their care and cleanup needs. :catrub:

I enjoy the birds at our bird feeder; but I wouldn't ever want one as a pet. I don't care for "critter" pets; like hamsters, lizards, etc. We had fish for a while but I don't really miss them. They were peaceful to watch (the girls loved watching as kittens) but I hated cleaning the tank. And we all know; if you aren't going to want to keep up with a pet's needs; it's not the pet for you. ;)

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What I think is an ANY animal can react to however it is raised. Take for a instance a Pit Bull they have a bad rap for being mean and vicious yet if you raise them to only attack if you or a family member is being attacked that's self defense.

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! I've never heard it being illegal to own a Husky. What state do you live in? I'm just asking so that way I can look up the state laws about pets.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats. Just cats. :cutecat::kneading:

I'm not a dog person (am mildly allergic to them) and am terrified of birds, thanks to Hitchcock's movie. :eek2: :running:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had hamsters. Teddy bear hamsters are adorable. I doubt I'd get another one because the cats would likely torment it. I'm on my last dog. Once she crosses the bridge that's it. They are too needy. It will be cats only from here on out for me. :lovecat4:

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had a Chinese dwarf hamster in the past. Would like to get another one but don't dare to because of the cats. I think birds, fish and hamsters are easy animals to tend to even though that may be biased seeing how in the past ( when I was way younger) I had birds, dog, fish and guinea pig not all at same time; well with the birds I had 3 parakeets and 2 cockatiels at the same time. So yes, my love for animals was surfacing at that time also.

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The poll ended on May 8th. The obvious winner is cat with 8 votes, runner up is dog with 2 votes, other came in third place. Birds didn't get any votes.
Thank you all for the participating. I'm already thinking about doing another poll even though I don't know when it will be- trying not to do too many poles to close together plus also letting others have a shot at polls.