Fat belly and won't eat..

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, my 48 days kitten has a fat belly and she won't eat much. She won't poop as well. She seems fine from outside though. She's playful, always hyper active. But sometimes she just looks off.. Should I be worried?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you post some photos? Have you seen a vet? What are you feeding?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's sleeping right now so can't post pics. I will post some later.
I'm feeding her whiskas and royal canin dry food and wet food once in a while. And no I haven't taken her to a vet. I've looked up on the internet and all the symptoms seem to be suggesting it's worms. But I have checked her stool and anus, I didn't see any white-ish eggs or anything. Her poo is dark black though. Idk what's wrong.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's sleeping right now so can't post pics. I will post some later.
I'm feeding her whiskas and royal canin dry food and wet food once in a while. And no I haven't taken her to a vet. I've looked up on the internet and all the symptoms seem to be suggesting it's worms. But I have checked her stool and anus, I didn't see any white-ish eggs or anything. Her poo is dark black though. Idk what's wrong.
She really needs to see a vet.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will take her to a vet as soon as possible. Any idea what could be wrong?
It could be worms, it could be GI bleeding, it could be something more serious. It really can't wait if a kitten is not eating and not eliminating.

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It could be worms, it could be GI bleeding, it could be something more serious. It really can't wait if a kitten is not eating and not eliminating.
woah..And I thought changing food would help.. I will make a vet appointment right away. Btw is there any way I can get her to poop? I've tried using a cotton dipped in warm water to simulate on her anus but no luck.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try adding some plain canned pumpkin to her food. I wouldn't do anything beyond that before she goes to the vet though. When do you think you can get her in?

cat-tech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hopefully you've already taken her by now?  How is she?

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hopefully you've already taken her by now?  How is she?
hello and yes I took her to a vet. They said it's a digestion problem. They examined the stool and said it's black because she's dehydrated. I got these digestion syrups from the med store as I was instructed by the vet.

Last edited: