Farminia Vetlife Pet Food?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have not used this food, but am just curious why you want to change? Is the Fiber Response no longer working or did it never work, or what? There have been members here who've used the Fiber Response and said it worked pretty well, and in looking at the Farmina, I'm not seeing where it's used specifically for constipation issues, but rather it seems to be for.

If your furry friend has constipation issues, and you need more help with that, perhaps we can help you in the health forum. I'm not sure if there are any other health issues, but normally feeding dry food can actually contribute to constipation, so just switching over to a wet food and even adding extra water to that food can help. Again, not sure if that is even an option, but thought I'd toss it out there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PicoP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. The Fiber Response works great but I don't agree with some of the ingredients and the quality of those ingredients for that matter.

Her constipation is due to a lack of "bulk" (I think from what the vets have told me) so she needs bulky poops in order to feel her stool to pass it, which means more fiber. This being said, wet food only was an option I considered and tried, but failed and resulted in another $300.00 vet bill to get her unblocked.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi. The Fiber Response works great but I don't agree with some of the ingredients and the quality of those ingredients for that matter.

Her constipation is due to a lack of "bulk" (I think from what the vets have told me) so she needs bulky poops in order to feel her stool to pass it, which means more fiber. This being said, wet food only was an option I considered and tried, but failed and resulted in another $300.00 vet bill to get her unblocked.
Have you tried adding pumpkin to her food? That has a "good" fiber that can help, IF she'll eat it. It works both for constipation AND diarrhea. But it definitely can add fiber to her diet. You don't want to add too much fiber though, because too much bulk can (naturally), cause it's own issues :sigh:.

We have lots of cats with constipation issues, so I still say if you'd like to start a thread in the Health Forum about your little one, others might join in and give you their recommendations on what has helped them.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw your post yesterday and hesitated to say this but I will regret if I don't. I have no experience with Farmina's Vet line and I really, reeeeally want to trust the brand. All the other popular brands are from the USA and I would rather have geographical variety in my cat's diet with the source of ingredients and with the quality control.

But Farmina's N&D line has disappointed me both with their wet and dry food so much, I can't help but put Farmina lower on my "brands to go" list. Wet food - there is no consistency with the quality or the ingredients. Like their wet sea food, one can you would get fish eye, the other can something else. Naturally my cat wasn't OK with all versions. Some even got her nauseous.

And N&D's dry food has some "minimums" in the ingredients higher than all the other popular brands I've checked. Like phosphorus for example, I randomly picked some food and found in Hill's it was %0,77 or something, Acana minimum %1,1, N&D was minimum %1,30. I'm not even sure if it's a problem but I do know there is a difference.

Brands' veterinary lines and their other food can differ a lot so I can't really speak for their veterinary line but, over my experience with the brand their veterinary line wouldn't be my first or second choice.

PicoP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you tried adding pumpkin to her food? That has a "good" fiber that can help, IF she'll eat it. It works both for constipation AND diarrhea. But it definitely can add fiber to her diet. You don't want to add too much fiber though, because too much bulk can (naturally), cause it's own issues :sigh:.

We have lots of cats with constipation issues, so I still say if you'd like to start a thread in the Health Forum about your little one, others might join in and give you their recommendations on what has helped them.
She actually eats the Tiki Cat with Pumpkin in it so she likes that. Whenever I mix it in myself she doesn't like it that much. When I tried just wet food last time, I used Feline Natural. Maybe I should give it another shot with Tiki Cat and Miralax added in. I'm just so scared of her getting blocked again cause I know its painful for her.

I'll think about adding a post to the health section. Thank you for your advice!

PicoP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I saw your post yesterday and hesitated to say this but I will regret if I don't. I have no experience with Farmina's Vet line and I really, reeeeally want to trust the brand. All the other popular brands are from the USA and I would rather have geographical variety in my cat's diet with the source of ingredients and with the quality control.

But Farmina's N&D line has disappointed me both with their wet and dry food so much, I can't help but put Farmina lower on my "brands to go" list. Wet food - there is no consistency with the quality or the ingredients. Like their wet sea food, one can you would get fish eye, the other can something else. Naturally my cat wasn't OK with all versions. Some even got her nauseous.

And N&D's dry food has some "minimums" in the ingredients higher than all the other popular brands I've checked. Like phosphorus for example, I randomly picked some food and found in Hill's it was %0,77 or something, Acana minimum %1,1, N&D was minimum %1,30. I'm not even sure if it's a problem but I do know there is a difference.

Brands' veterinary lines and their other food can differ a lot so I can't really speak for their veterinary line but, over my experience with the brand their veterinary line wouldn't be my first or second choice.
That's interesting. I have only heard good things about Farminia, but only from dog owners. Thank you for sharing your experience on it - something to think about.

Count

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have much to add to the discussion, but since experiences with N&D came up, my cat hates their wet chicken variety, and their wet seafood variety gives him serious diarrhea. My cousins cat had bloody diarrhea, lots of vomiting and some other related symptoms for over a month (he was just 7 months old at the time). His only food up to that was dry N&D food, and now he can't eat it, so he's now switched to hills vet food. So my and my cousins experience with N&D hasn't been that great either unfortunately.

PicoP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't have much to add to the discussion, but since experiences with N&D came up, my cat hates their wet chicken variety, and their wet seafood variety gives him serious diarrhea. My cousins cat had bloody diarrhea, lots of vomiting and some other related symptoms for over a month (he was just 7 months old at the time). His only food up to that was dry N&D food, and now he can't eat it, so he's now switched to hills vet food. So my and my cousins experience with N&D hasn't been that great either unfortunately.
Wow that's crazy