Farmina wild boar dry cat food

Honorarykeeperofcats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s been a long time since I’ve fed wet food and ive been feeding dry for the past few years. I have 3 adorable cats who are all sweet and mellow. I recently switched from Purina Pro Plan to the farmina wild boar and apple and wanted to know if this is the absolute best dry food I can feed. I’ve had them on dry so long they won’t touch wet usually. Is this food of high quality? Is it a lot better than purina pro plan (I believe it is) and what can I do to make sure they are getting the best nutrition? Thank you all in advance

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Catfooddb.com is helpful for ingredients and nutritional values. Have you feeding canned with some dry food or freeze dried chicken mixed in? If you feed them dry be sure you have water fountains since dry has very little water

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Farmina is better quality than Purina.
But an all dry diet is risky.
Do you free feed the dry food? When dry food is out all the time it is harder to get cats to eat wet food. Dry food is sprayed with a flavoring that makes it attractive to cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Honorarykeeperofcats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Farmina is better quality than Purina.
But an all dry diet is risky.
Do you free feed the dry food? When dry food is out all the time it is harder to get cats to eat wet food. Dry food is sprayed with a flavoring that makes it attractive to cats.
Yes I free feed the dry food

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's much better than proplan. Farmina, acana, origen and fitmin grain free products are good dry foods because they have a higher percentage of real meat and they declare the meat sources (for example, fitmin purity has 70% meat) They also add some herbs etc which are good for cats. But starch (carbs) is necessary for dry food production. These companies use potato and legumes instead of corn, rice or wheat. so they are not ideal compared to wet or raw food.
I've mostly fed minish with these. She hasn't had any urinary issues (she's almost 6) and her fur is like velvet. She tends to gain weight though, so I give her wet or raw food at least for one meal.
If you only feed dry, you should trick your cat into drinking water. I give minish meat broth to compensate.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I don’t trust Farmina products and would leave them as the last grain-free option because their wet food has no consistency. I fed my cat with their wet foods and we would get so different ingredients like in one there would be literally a fish eye, in another can no fish eye etc. And with that it was one of the two foods my cat ever regurgitated sometimes. So it’s hard to trust their dry food for me.

I mean N&D is very popular in my country too so it can’t be all that bad. But you may find something better maybe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Honorarykeeperofcats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m considering buying dr marty freeze dried cat food but I can’t find much on it - can anyone tell me if this is a better option?