Farewell, Peaches.....

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With a heavy heart, I announce the passing today of Peaches, beloved companion cat to her owner Julie. There must be a special place in Heaven for those companion pets who go above & beyond the typical pet duties when they are the trusted & loyal friends who stay close by through loss of home and health. A very, very hard loss for her owner who has already lost so much .... Farewell, Peaches Screenshot_20201022-181031.png

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly her time on earth was up and she answered the call of a higher power she could not ignore. I am thankful that with the strength found in love she was spared needless suffering and was sent on her new journey with her heart filled with love and thankfulness. She is at peace because she was so well-loved. Her tiny soul will always be a part of the one who loved her so much, she will live on through you now, and continue to send her love to provide guidance and comfort. She will forever be as close as a thought and a prayer.
There are no words that can take this pain away, the pain of a broken heart takes a lifetime to get through. Time will soothe the sharp edges and make it bearable eventually, but there will always be a scar to remind you of your loss. "Death cannot take that which never dies", her love is safe and at peace in a heart that will protect it forever.
Do not dwell on her end and make it more important than her life, she would never want that for the one she loves above else. Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go, go forward into life and seeks its joys, do not live in the past where nothing can be changed or altered. Find strength in your pain, do not let it rule your world. It will always be there, but it can be molded into a place in your life that can be tucked away. It will at times burst free and try to crush you, but your sweet memories of that precious face will help you to keep it at bay. Do not send her tears and sorrow, but smiles because she meant so much to you and was able to give you one of this world's greatest treasures, a cat's love........RIP sweetest Peaches. You will forever have a secure place in a loving heart, you will be dearly missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry to know that Peaches has had to leave her loved ones here on earth. Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Cherished, beautiful angel Peaches. Watch over your loved ones here below until reunited in due time. Our beloved angel Tarifa (my avatar is her picture) surely is there to greet you at the Bridge and so many, many of my beloveds are there, too, as are so many members' loved ones. The soul is eternal, and you WILL be together again.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Peaches, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever!

Tell your friend, Julie, that my heart is with hers, and if you will, share this with her. I wrote it many years ago for a friend who had lost a much-loved cat.

Pawprints in the Summerland

There are pawprints in the Summerlands,
For I have seen them there.
They flirt in the shadows along
Tumbling, laughing streams.
They pace majestically over
The Bones of the Mother
Thrust through the Earth
On mountain tops...
They flow gently through
Meadows filled with flowers
Or gambol beneath willows,
Dancing among the red capped mushrooms
of Faery Rings lit by the full moon...
So often the footprints of children
Run beside them, these pawprints,
And the somehow slow footprints of the elders...
They keep company with our furred ones,
Our feathered ones,
And yes, even our scaled ones
Who shared our homes and share our hearts even yet.
Sometimes those prints turn back,
Back towards the Bridge
For they are mindful of us,
And await our coming
For us to add our prints
in joyous reunion.

For I have SEEN them there.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Peaches, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever!

Tell your friend, Julie, that my heart is with hers, and if you will, share this with her. I wrote it many years ago for a friend who had lost a much-loved cat.

Pawprints in the Summerland

For I have seen them there.
They flirt in the shadows along
Tumbling, laughing streams.
They pace majestically over
The Bones of the Mother
Thrust through the Earth
On mountain tops...
They flow gently through
Meadows filled with flowers
Or gambol beneath willows,
Dancing among the red capped mushrooms
of Faery Rings lit by the full moon...
So often the footprints of children
Run beside them, these pawprints,
And the somehow slow footprints of the elders...
They keep company with our furred ones,
Our feathered ones,
And yes, even our scaled ones
Who shared our homes and share our hearts even yet.
Sometimes those prints turn back,
Back towards the Bridge
For they are mindful of us,
And await our coming
For us to add our prints
in joyous reunion.

For I have SEEN them there.
WOW, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 -- that is an amazing work, Divinely Inspired, I feel -- you, too?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of Peaches and for your friend's pain in this moment. Tell her that Peaches was a beauty indeed, her duty had finished on this earth with her, and now she has to be the support to someone else.

I fostered a cat with the same name (in its Italian version), she was a sweetie.

RIP Peaches, your pawprints can't be wiped away.