Farewell my Beautiful Hannah

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hannah was rescued from the streets of Fort Worth at the age of 7 months and was adopted into our home the Sunday after Thanksgiving in 2005. She weighed all of 4 pounds and was a medical mess. She started sneezing on the way home. The next day she had raging diarrhea and a severe upper respiratory infection. She spent the first week of her life with us at the vet's getting treatment. They told me a couple of months later that they were really surprised she survived the first night. She was a fighter and fought health problems her whole life, but this past week, she couldn't win the fight.

This past Wednesday, she threw up, which isn't totally uncommon, but not normal. She refused to eat the remaining of Wednesday and only would eat a little bit of baby food on Thursday. Friday, my husband force fed her, which she didn't appreciate one bit! On Friday afternoon, my husband took her to the vet. They ran tests and did an x-ray. Her kidney numbers were great, but the x-ray showed bunched up intestines, so the vet suspected a blockage. Off to the ER vet where they did barium x-rays and an ultrasound. The x-rays showed some abnormalities, but ultrasound showed that she had lymphoma in her intestines and it had spread to her spleen. There was also a little bit of fluid in her abdomen that the vet said was most likely leaking from the tumors on her spleen and cancerous. Sadly, we had to make the heart-wrenching decision to send her to kitty heaven on Saturday evening.

The house is not the same. She was the smallest of our kitties, only weighing about 9 pounds, but had the biggest purrsonality and was the top cat. She whacked first and took names second. She put everyone in their place and took nothing from nobody, even as she aged and grew more fragile. She was a snuggle bug, love bug, and craved human attention. She wasn't fond of other kitties, but always sough lovins from the humans. She knew when we weren't feeling well and snuggled close. She kept the schedule of the house and never missed a meal. She loved cheese of all kinds as well as yogurt. Every evening, she would hop up on my computer keyboard tray, knead my tummy, then walk up to my chest where she would purr and snuggle. Every night, she slept by my side, preferring to be under the covers on cold nights. She loved a good sunbeam and a good snuggle on the couch with her daddy. She was a joy and a faithful companion to us for 15 years. I am so glad we got to be her humans. She is dearly missed, but I know that she's not suffering any longer.

Good-bye for now Hannah Grace, aka Hannah bean-bean, Hannah-bug, Hannah-girl, Hannah-nanner, Baby girl. Your meowmy and daddy love you and miss you. Thank you for loving us.

Hannah.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Hannah, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

What a lovely girl she was, is, and always will be. Cancer is a filthy beast, taking those we love from us too soon...but where there is love, an eternity isn't long enough, is it? Hannah is safe now, in That Place Where All Things Are Known, and patiently awaits that day when, in the fullness of time, you meet again in joyous reunion. Until then, she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, back to you. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl. I'm sure Hannah would thank you for giving her a wonderful loving life and for putting her first so she wasn't in pain, even though you broke your own heart doing so. She was one special little cat with a big heart. RIP sweet Hannah :rbheart:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry for your loss. You clearly love her so much, and I have no doubt that she loved you mightily. You cared for her and gave her a wonderful life. She was clearly such a strong little girl, and I’m so happy that you found each other. Rest easy knowing that you have wonderful memories with her, and that you gave her a truly blissful life and rescued her from her hardships. God bless you. :redheartpump::hearthrob::hugs::hearthrob::redheartpump:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of that special little girl, what a story. God Bless you for rescuing her way back then, she had a wonderful life thanks to you and is fine now, just fine, and when you meet again it will be wonderful....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:
I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a precious, feisty little girl! She rests in peace now because she carries the love she received for 15 years within her. She was content in life, she had a wonderful family, siblings to love and boss around, and her mama and daddy to love her and snuggle with. Somehow you found the strength to take away her pain, and the anguish that was to come, through your love. She thanks you for that. Though the hole they leave in our lives and our hearts is a big one, in time you will celebrate having her in your life for all those years instead of concentrating on the pain of her end. Do not make that end more important than her life, that can never be, her life brought happiness and love. To have never had her in your life at all would never bring this pain, but at what cost? Her love is worth it. Your pain is equal to your pain....Death has a way of trying to perpetuate the pain. To take over your life and make being alive one of hurt and pain. Do not let it. Concentrate on routine, and seeking what being alive has to offer, more love, and the happiness it brings. Your other family members are hurting too, though cats have a way of not displaying anything that could make them appear vulnerable. They miss her too and would appreciate extra time and attention.
The bond that is formed over 15 years is a strong one, it can never be taken from you, "Death cannot take that which never dies", it is spiritual, so eternal. Concentrate on her life, celebrate knowing and loving her, she will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. to be remembered and loved after death is an honor, you bestow a wonderful gift to your little girl by this tribute.
Time is the only thing that helps with the pain of loss, just get through the next hour, the next day, the next week. In time, the sharpness of grief will dull, but it takes a long time, one day at a time......RIP sweet Hannah. You will always be dearly missed, you will have secure places in loving hearts forever. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
She sounds a lot like our Hannah--I always joked she was half the size and twice the age of our other cats, but kicked butt nonetheless. Some kitties just have big characters like that.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your girl, I know she'll be missed. Rest in peace, sweet Hannah. :rbheart:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the loss of Hannah. :hugs: She is running pain free now at the Bridge with all the other cats who passed before her. RIP sweet angel. :angel: