Fancy feast, what about kittens?

c413jones2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been reading up on forums, doing my own research etc. I understand certain flavors such as the classics of Fancy Feast & Friskies are OK. But are there kitten cans in Fancy Feast that are decent? If so, please be specific. My two bonded boys eat quick..

I do rotate their food, switching their diets every 2-3 months. I feed wet food twice a day, half a can in the morning and half at night. Dry food for the rest of the time in-between. They are both around 4.5 pounds at the moment, since they are five months old.

All in all, I'm looking for a temporary, cheap alternative for KITTENS that is healthy and safe for them to eat. I have used Weruva, Sheba, Iams, Tiki Cat and occasionally Nom Nom Chow when I can handle the splurge. My cats will eat anything, but I don't want their health in jeopardy. If Fancy Feast cans for kittens is not okay, please let me know some other cheap alternatives. I am new to cat parenting and two kittens eat up everything so fast! I cant constantly buy premium brands, and right now is a little hectic- so I want to give them something good, but not trash.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the regular Fancy Feast pate flavors (among other foods) for my adults... but I haven't had great success with the FF kitten flavors "with real milk." It's probably nutritionally adequate for them, but it hasn't been a favorite for my kittens. They prefer the FF "gourmet naturals" kitten food, or the adult FF pate flavors. (Adult FF isn't nutrient dense enough for a kitten's primary diet, but it's OK as a supplement.)

Here are some other pate kitten foods that are not super expensive, and have worked for my kittens:
Purina Pro Plan kitten
Purina ONE kitten
Wellness kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c413jones2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I use the regular Fancy Feast pate flavors (among other foods) for my adults... but I haven't had great success with the FF kitten flavors "with real milk." It's probably nutritionally adequate for them, but it hasn't been a favorite for my kittens. They prefer the FF "gourmet naturals" kitten food, or the adult FF pate flavors. (Adult FF isn't nutrient dense enough for a kitten's primary diet, but it's OK as a supplement.)

Here are some other pate kitten foods that are not super expensive, and have worked for my kittens:
Purina Pro Plan kitten
Purina ONE kitten
Wellness kitten
Thankyou! I was really unsure, but this helped a ton.