Fancy Feast making my cat vomit also.

ladylansing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Called Purina today as well as wrote on their Facebook page about how certain flavors of Classic Pate' Fancy Feast canned cat food is causing my cat to vomit. Now understand that my cat only eats Fancy Feast Pate due to only having two front fangs so the Pate' is easy for him to eat. The flavors that have made him vomit are the Turkey, Beef with Liver, Chicken with Liver. I informed Purina that i choose to believe the public over their so called " Quality Control " because they want to pass off the cat's digestive system as the problem. Well if that were true my cat wouldn't be able to hold down the other flavors so far like the Shrimp, Chicken, Salmon and the Shrimp & Salmon...but if i see that he is vomiting from these flavors that i just mentioned then i will do my own " Quality Control " and stop purchasing Fancy Feast Classic Pate' all together. I hope they will take into consideration the vast number of complaints about this food and check into it instead of blaming the cat's digestive systems. As you can see i am a very detailed person and i keep a list of what time my cat eats and how much and what the flavor is this is how i know which flavor is making him vomit and it is more then one. I wanted to mention there  is no hair, blood, only food that comes up in his vomit.  I even tried to slightly warm his food after the vomiting to see if that would work and no it didn't he still vomited those certain flavors. It is not my cat it is the certain foods. The best by date is for 2018. Taking the other flavors back to the store for a refund. Keep your receipts if you purchase Fancy Feast Classic Pate'.

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry. Posted in wrong thread so just deleted my post.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you tried the Sheba Pates?  Maybe those would work for your little one vs the Fancy Feast Classics.  I think they are pretty similar, although they may have carrageenan in them, I'm not sure.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, try Whole Earth Farms. At $1.29 in stores and $1 a 5 oz can at Chewy, it's more than comparable in price to Fancy Feast at the store. It's grain free and my picky, barfy cat has not thrown it up yet (except when he had a reaction to antibiotics).

My cat