Fancy Feast Chicken Feast Pate

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought some of the boxes with 12 cans as it was cheaper then buy individually. I noticed the top of the can was different and so was the look of the label. My picky cats didnt want to eat it.
Tonight I looked and even the calories are less. Must be why its cheaper :/ odd they would do that. You think it would cost more to have different ways of manufacturing etc.
20190203_230812.jpg
20190203_230754.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is odd. Chewy shows the higher calorie label. I notice the lower-calorie label says "product of France" (right after the Distributed By part). Maybe it conforms to stricter EU requirements? Where do you live? Did you buy the case at the same place you buy single cans?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Minnesota. I did order them from walmart.com, I will have to check the ones in the store.

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My two won’t eat FF chicken pate either. They used to eat anything and now they’ve become quite picky.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Apparently they are importing the France one for some reason. I saw this on Amazon:

Screenshot_20190204-095219.png

And saw this photo posted on Facebook

FB_IMG_1549292359088.jpg

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Screenshot_20190204-100735.png

This was May 2018. Trying to find something more recent. Also may explain why Fancy Feast is going up in price if they can't keep up with demand?

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I asked them myself on Facebook. I would say you should do it too, with your photos! They claim that only the grilled combo packs, but clearly that's not the case!

Screenshot_20190204-105145.png

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah I don't get it. I also don't like the fact that either 1) other importers are doing it too without their knowledge or 2) they are lying about it

Doesn't bode well for a consistent product!

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
they got back to me and said they changed the labels and the food was the same.
Which is not true, i could tell there was a difference when opening the can. one had more water or something. but it was softer

dfmarino

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK - March, 2019. Two cats: One 10 year old female, one new 7 month old male (Ruby, and Hithui respectively). Our location - Midland, MI USA.

Hithui is doing great... Gaining weight, growing, happy.... We did have one thing happen this week - and I want to pass it on to you....

Hithui, and Ruby (10 year old female), love Fancy Feast pate. We've never had an issue with this food, until three days ago. Both Kats got Chicken pate in the morning. Hithui threw up within 2 minutes, and Ruby would NOT touch it. We examined the cans - both came from a "value box" of 12 (Walmart, EXP 2020 -we generally buy individual cans). Both the CANS, and the BOX were labeled "product of France". All remaining cans went into the trash, and both Kats were enjoying Fancy Feast Chopped Grill within minutes. NOT labeled "Product of France"

Since then? I've been digging on the Internet. Fancy Feast began to import material from France around 2018 in AUS, later into the US. They swear that all of this stuff shows up in multi can boxes... INDIVIDUAL cans are all US MFG. And a NUMBER of people, like us, are now AVOIDING any Fancy Feast labeled as "Product of France" - because their Kats are puking

The "Product of France" disclaimer is buried in the ingredients list (both can & box). No recall has been issued - but I believe we are on the cusp of one. I encourage you, as you buy Kat food, to watch out for ANYTHING labeled "Product of France" - ESPECIALLY if buying multi can boxes
from Amazon, Chewy, or local Pet shops.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We are feeding those and no problems here

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OK - March, 2019. Two cats: One 10 year old female, one new 7 month old male (Ruby, and Hithui respectively). Our location - Midland, MI USA.
Small world - Midland, MI is where my family and I are originally from!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, that's interesting. We have noticed some FF multipacks being different from others, and our cats throwing up when fed some of the cans, but my eyesight isn't good enough to see the small print... so, inspired by your post, I just got out the magnifying glass and inspected to see which were which.

As it turns out, our cats are actually doing BETTER with the classic pate cans that say "product of France," and the US-manufactured cans are the ones that have been making our cats throw up recently. (We only use the classic pate flavors of FF... not the grilled flavors, or any of the others.)

Good to know! I will have to look for that on the box from now on.