Family Tree

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My niece (and I..turning into a bigger job than she thought) are putting together a photographic family tree of my cat.
I have drawn a blank on finding Aladon Bengals for a pic of Pinyonpride Storm of Aladon Bengals.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is awesome..thank you so much. :rock:
Havent heard of the wayback machine...that's is going to be a useful tool...48 out of 61 dames and sires still to find..lol..

Last edited:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the wayback machine! It's great for old stuff like that.

Also, I found the old URL for Aladon Bengals here... You may be able to dig up some more old URLs to plug into the wayback machine from this listing. Have fun :)

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats great..thankyou. My niece was getting a little depressed not getting anywhere with this project of hers..cant wait to tell her..very early here so better not call her yet..she will kill me..lol
My Blue looks near identical to his Grandfather (Pinyonpride Storm). ..wow

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is Pinyonpride Storm.
You will find him if you look up this URL:
[/URL]
using the "wayback machine":
[/URL]

View attachment 307088
Oh wow, this is helpful for me also. We just received our Maine Coon's full pedigree and I've been trying to find pix of her ancestors, which hasn't been so easy. Right off the bat, I put in the breeders name and it picked up SO many old photos. AWESOME tool! Hopefully some will be in Luna's tree (I ordered going back as many generations as was possible)

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lutece deserves gold stars, elephant stamps and gold medals for showing us this...turned hours of frustration to success in minutes.
My niece has already sent 4 pics through to me..got a surprise though...one of Blues recent great grand sires was a F3...makes sense why Blue was one of the hardest cats to socialize and why he has humongous claws and big teeth and fearless attitude when angered.
Wondering why breeders did this..lots of learning to go.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you are enjoying the wayback machine! I love looking up old stuff...

That is interesting to hear about an F3 male in the pedigree. My understanding from what I've read is that F3 males are not usually fertile, but I'm not a Bengal breeder myself.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure myself..still making sense of it..I thought the same about the F3 males as well..investigations continuing!!
Like you said..this is so much fun now instead of frustration.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just out of interest and a bit of learning , F1 males are sterile F2 and F3 males also often have fertility problems but can sometimes be successfully breed.
Not a F3 at all...wrong pic and information.
Still having fun..lol

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Project almost complete...we just have to collate everything now and condense everything down..what started as a family tree has ended up a family forest with all the extra info from breeders around the world.
Most breeders have been delighted to hear from us and learning where their cats genes have traveled worldwide.
It has been really fun doing this.
Thanks lutece lutece ..you made things so much easier

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! I'm glad you are enjoying line chasing, I enjoy it too :)

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! I'm glad you are enjoying line chasing, I enjoy it too :)
Getting last pictures together..this has been a massive project..I took it over from my niece..talk about a line chase..lol
Just got a pic of his grandfather but it is in some weird format and TCS wont accept it..grrr