False pregnancy or just a small litter?

ash74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has had pretty much all the signs of pregnancy, but I'm still having doubts. I'm not exactly sure when she was in heat or mated, she ran away for weeks, but the latest would have been the first week of July since she's been inside ever since that, but I guess it could be between 14th and 22th of June. Her nipples are pinker (not exactly raspberry pink, but compared to earlier they have changed colour), she sleeps a lot more than usual, she wants to eat a lot, and her stomach has been growing. The first time I've noticed her bulging up was around three weeks ago, and around that time I think I felt a kitten or two inside her (felt like balls). Her stomach isn't huge at all, maybe a fist-sized bulge, and I haven't been able to feel anything in her belly for the past two-or-so weeks. I also haven't seen any movement that could indicate there are kittens inside of her.

However, for the past couple of days, she's been very short-tempered and attacked my hands if I try to touch her, and she hasn't eaten her wet food today. She's been more interested in blankets and tight spots like under my bed, in the sauna etc, so could that be nesting? She spends most of her time sleeping or cuddling me, but that has been very usual for weeks and she's always been very cuddly. Is it possible she's having a false pregnancy, or is it normal for the kittens to "disappear" inside cat's stomach if there is only one or two of them? I'm not comfortable sharing pictures of her, but I'll try to explain the best I can if you need more information.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since she is unspayed and “ran away” for awhile, it is highly likely that she mated while out and is pregnant. All you can so at this point is wait and see, but it sounds like she may be nesting.

Can you get her spayed after this litter? Please keep her 100% inside until then.

Pearce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did she have kittens? I am in the same boat and thinking my little lady got knocked up around July. She's a small cat and she's a little older than a year and a half but I haven't felt any kittens- she's large and in charge. within the last week she has rejected the belly rubs and substitutes them with nips and bats.