Fabric Softener Sheets...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a question for those who use fabric softener sheets. This will probably sound dumb but here goes. Do you unfold the sheet when putting it in the dryer or do you leave it folded as is. I usually unfold the sheet and lay it on top of the clothes, is this the correct thing to do or should I leave it folded.

Thanks

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just throw it in with the wet clothes - there is no right or wrong way as the thing is heat activated and will do its thing regardless if wadded up in the clothes, tossed on top or carefully unfolded and neatly placed on the clothes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sk_pacer

I just throw it in with the wet clothes - there is no right or wrong way as the thing is heat activated and will do its thing regardless if wadded up in the clothes, tossed on top or carefully unfolded and neatly placed on the clothes
Thanks, I was just wondering.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I unfold the sheet and toss it in the dryer. It would probably get unfolded by itself anyway with all the tubmling, but I like to make sure I get all that softness out of there.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Bounce unscented. It comes out of the package unfolded, I just toss it in with the clothes.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told that HALF of a dryer sheet works just as good as a WHOLE sheet....and it does for the most part

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just pull them out of the box and throw them on top of the clothes right before I start the dryer. I've tried it different ways and they come out the same in the end.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just throw it in. Then when the clothes come out, I search in a panic until I find it because I've read that fabric sheets are poisonous to cats.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't use them anymore - Hope has the habit of eating them... I try to be extra careful making sure there is none left in the laundry bag or around the house but the seem to show up like magic
so I had to stop using them all together.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't matter. They soften up and will fold and unfold through the dryer cycle.

Also, save yourself some money. You don't need a full sheet for the dryer. Just rip it in half and use 1/2. You can also use the 1/2 sheet for 2 or more loads depending on the size of the loads.

tinkermiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL. My brother seriously should have read this question an hour ago.
He is away in New York right now and on his own. He is 25 and has never had to do his own laundry. He called my mom an hour ago said he 's been trying to figure it for half hour before calling.

Also what I do is buy liquid fabric softener I put it in the washer on rinse and I also soak a cloth in warm water and softener to toss in with the clothes.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just toss one in.
They make a thing now that you don't have to worry about individual dryer sheets.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always just throw the fabric sheet in with the laundry. The heat unfolds the sheet and disperses the fragrance. I don't think it really makes a difference because my clothes always smell nice when I take them out of the dryer and they're always soft.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I use the ones from the dollar store so I put in 2 rather than 1/2. lol

You can also use them to keep bees aways from your food.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use like 3 dryer sheets per load of laundry...I cant stand it when my clothes dont smell like detergent or fabric softner. I only do about 3 or 4 loads of laundry a week so its not a huge dent in my 'stock' since I get the giant box of Gain sheets.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Don't use 'em.

We use the Bounce Dryer Bar. I buy them when they're on sale and when I can double a $1 coupon, so I can get one for a little over $1.00 or so. And one bar is good for about 4 months, depending on how many loads of laundry I do during that time.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

I use like 3 dryer sheets per load of laundry...I cant stand it when my clothes dont smell like detergent or fabric softner. I only do about 3 or 4 loads of laundry a week so its not a huge dent in my 'stock' since I get the giant box of Gain sheets.
Same here. lol I use both liquid fabric softener and two dryer sheets per load.
I can't stand it when my clothes don't smell nice.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do these sheets do? I have never used them, don't even think I can get them here in the shops. Don't use fabric softener in the washing mashine either.
Years ago (about 15 years ago) I bought some sheets from a man introducing them in the supermarked. Those were suposed to freshen up clothes that were "dry clean only", by putting the clothing and the sheet in the dryer for half an hour. I never used it, so I don't know how or if that worked.

I share a washing machine with the other flats in the house and people from one of the flat uses a lot of fabric softener, which then codes the censor of the dryer, so the program of the dryer gets all out of order (if you want the washing to be "extra dry" or "damp" or whatever, it doesn't work unless we clean the dryer regularily with vinegar)

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only use them in the winter when the air is drier. I pull the sheet out of the box, tear it in half, then toss it in the dryer. I also use tennis balls in the dryer in place of dryer sheets. I really can't stand the film they leave on clothes and avoid them at all costs, so one box lasts me a long time.

Polly, they put a film on the clothes to cut down on the static electricity caused from them rubbing against other clothes in the dryer.