F4 Savannah (mother) X Bengal (father)

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine who is also in rescue saw an ad on CL rehoming a F4 Savannah mommy. She has two Savannahs herself, and felt compelled to save her and find her a good home. When she showed up to get her, the mama had 3 kittens- daddy being a Bengal. Mama is about 12-15lbs. Daddy was a bit bigger. I adopted this little guy for free, since she knows he will go to a good home who will neuter him and not breed (back yard breeding of Sav's and Bengals are REALLY bad around here so she will be spaying mama and finding her a home as well). I'm absolutely in love with the little guy and just wanted to show him off. :)

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Cylnn11

It is great, that someone else does hybrid cat rescue. Over the years, I have had a pure male Leptailurus serval (African Serval), former breeder F1 Bengal, and an F3 Savannah that was all over this site. Plus, I have worked for/volunteered with several SBT Bengal rescue groups. I have fostered many of the "hard to handle" SBT Bengals.

Okay, your kitten is adorable. I just
your new little kitten. Have you researched what it is like to live with an F5/SBT Savannah? You can look for a member named Brandy-Neka.  She has experience with two F5/SBT Savannahs. You can also research my experience, with my F3 Savannah named Loki. Lastly, you can search another member and her F3 savannah, her user name is the OGKitty.

How many kittens did the F4 female have? Did they all find homes? My F3 male, was 13 or so inches at the shoulder and was only 14 pounds. Females of all generations, with the exception of F1's are significantly smaller then males as a general rule. So, I doubt that an F4 female weights the 12-15lbs, unless, she is pregnant. Do not get me wrong, it is possible, that, she is that large. But, many many Savannahs, look FAR larger then they actually are.

Who is going to be adopting the mother cat? Former breeder, foundation (F1-F4) hybrid (Bengal, Chausie, Safari, Savannah) cats are a REAL lot to handle. Even once they are spayed, it takes them MUCH longer to acclimate to a pet home. So, just keep that in mind. The SBT Bengal, as long as, he, does not spray, should be a fine pet. Once his hormones "calm down".

I have heard, that a lot of Bengal, Savannahs, and even Chausies have been popping up on Craigslist. I was not sure if that was true. But, now, I am pretty sure it is. If, you ever need any help, with, any hybrid cat rescue, feel free to PM me. I would be glad to help.

Lastly, could you show photo's of the female (queen), male (stud) and the litter?

Again, congratulations on your newest addition. I can't wait to "hear" and see more of him. Does he have a name yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She was still pretty full of milk so i'm sure that added a lot to her weight! She had 4 kittens. Unfortunately the woman who gave away the mother and 3 kittens decided to keep one, but there was really nothing the woman could do to let her take her, so she took the mama and other 3 babies. The other two kittens are blue spotted.

Renee (the woman who initially rescued them) has the mama and will be getting her spayed before rehoming her. She is part of a Savannah Cat Enthusiasts group and will find a good home that knows how to deal with Sav's. She'll also be finding homes for the two female kittens and be having spay contracts where she takes the kitten and drops them off at the vet of their choice and they pick up and pay for the spay/neuter. So i'm sure she will find great homes for them :) :)

I have pictures of the mama and other babies. She wasn't able to get pictures of the daddy but says he is a little smaller than her Sav. Marcell, so i'll attach a picture of him too.

Mama and babies:

Her Savannah Marcell. She said the Bengal daddy was a little smaller than him:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I can see why so many people think they have purebreds! I wouldn't suspect the mama cat of being anything other than a domestic tabby. I don't see anything in her that would make me think she was a Savannah.

Glad she got rescued by someone who knows the breed :D. And that everyone will be spayed/neutered. Your little boy is the cutest!

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! I love him either way, if he is savannah or not. He's a little ham and is quite a little ball of energy. The people claimed she was a papered F4C, but who really knows for sure as the rescuer didn't take any paperwork. The rescuer (Renee) believes she is Savannah and owns two papered Savannahs (one pictured above and a gorgeous cinnamon colored guy who is the sweetest.. i'm including a pic of him now)- and she says the daddy was definitely a Bengal- i'm sure only time will tell with this little guy! I'm just happy to have him, he has an amazing personality <3

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please, do not be offended. But, I do NOT see ANY Savannah, in that cat. I do NOT see any hybrid in that particular cat.

Again, I do not see any Savannah in the mother or kittens. Very very very cute family though.

Savannah kittens, like Serval kittens, go threw a period called the "fuzzies". That is when the coat changes. But, I do not see that, in the kittens. I can post, a link about the "fuzzies" if you wish.

Very very cute family
Is the cat, in the above photo, supposed to be a Savannah or Bengal? If, it is supposed to be a Savannah it is an F5 or less. If, that cat is supposed to be a Bengal, I do NOT see ANY Bengal. Just DSH.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No the cat above laying on the entertainment center is Marcell- her Savannah. I'm not sure what 'F.. etc' he is- i'll ask and let you all know. I've included some more pictures of both of her Sav's. The 'cinnamon colored' one- Katana, is supposed to be an F4.

Pictures are Marcell, Katana and Marcell when they were younger, and another of Marcell lol.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clynn11, you really need to add this little guy's picture to this month's kitten contest - it ends today, and your kitty is adorable!

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Marcell (the one laying on the entertainment center and the one the little girl is holding) is an F5.

And thank you Andrya, i'll do  that now!! I love love love your baby.. smoke colored right?? I've been obsessed ever since you first posted pictures. SO BEAUTIFUL.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marcell (the one laying on the entertainment center and the one the little girl is holding) is an F5.

And thank you Andrya, i'll do  that now!! I love love love your baby.. smoke colored right?? I've been obsessed ever since you first posted pictures. SO BEAUTIFUL.
He is a black smoke yes, and thank you 
     He's a year old today.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes her cats are not full grown at all. Marcell (the large F5) weighed in at 14lbs at 8 months old!!! Katana is a male- he's the most loving little guy i've ever met his favorite thing is to give head butts and he'll follow you around just to get some attention! I don't believe he is full grown either so I will most definitely continue to update you all with pictures of them as well as my Draco.

Draco jumped in the shower with my fiance last night!!! We were both in shock! He jumped in, then started shaking his paws like he didn't understand what this 'water' thing was LOL. Jumped out, then realized he wanted to be back in so he was meowing up a storm trying to get back in there (his feet were slippery so he kept sliding back down lol. Also his fur almost seemed waterproof- it got wet at the tips but dried SUPER fast.

I wish I had pictures of the bengal father. I'll ask Renee if she can possibly get pics :)