F1 Savannah size perspective

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, wow, Simba has really taken a liking to us.
In just 24 hours he's a completely different cat. Now we're much more confident that he is going to be ok living with us.
Since some of you asked and commented in my other thread about his size, here are some new photos. The chair he is close to is a standard sized computer desk chair.

The last picture is just for your and my amazement. I got the da-bird toy out for him and this dude touched the ceiling light in this pic. I had the camera at the normal angle I keep it to catch the bengals in mid air and he just sailed right on up and away. I was totally blown away, this cat has some skills!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I'm a HUGE cat lover but it would scare me having him in my house. I'm used to cat cuddly teddy bear cats. he looks lovely though, just looks like he belongs outside

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can just imagine now what the bengals are going to be thinking once he's integrated fully into the household... all of them playing and flying around... he leaps for the toy and hits the ceiling... all the bengal at once will be thinking:

"Showoff."

I can hear it now.

He is HUGE. His markings are very striking... just gorgeous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I can just imagine now what the bengals are going to be thinking once he's integrated fully into the household... all of them playing and flying around... he leaps for the toy and hits the ceiling... all the bengal at once will be thinking:

"Showoff."

I can hear it now.

He is HUGE. His markings are very striking... just gorgeous!
No doubt, they will be jealous of his jumping ability. He makes it look so effortless. I can't wait to get him in a big open space where he can really let loose.

Originally Posted by Kailie

I am literally in awe of this guy!
You and me both!

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Wow I'm a HUGE cat lover but it would scare me having him in my house. I'm used to cat cuddly teddy bear cats. he looks lovely though, just looks like he belongs outside
He's a bit scary, but I'm used to early generation bengals, having had a F1. This F1 Savannah seems to take the same cue's and he has made remarkable progress in just the last 24 hours. He will never be an outside cat, as his original owner de-clawed him and in addition, turning a cat of this caliber with claws loose into the wild would be a big problem for the local fauna.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Wow! He's a big boy! He looks thin. Is he under normal weight?
I too think he's thin, but they are lean looking cats. His previous owners fed him kibble and friskee's canned food. We've put him on raw and he's loving it.
We'll see if he puts on more weight. I think he will at least gain a few more pounds in the coming weeks.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK I must have missed something here, Nial. Did you rescue this boy? Cheap kibble and Friskies for a F1 Savannah? Idiots!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

OK I must have missed something here, Nial. Did you rescue this boy? Cheap kibble and Friskies for a F1 Savannah? Idiots!
Yep, we rescued him. This morning I discovered one of the reasons he is thin.
He's got tape worms!

He gave me a huge headbutt when he saw I had his breakfast, raw venison with his canned food.

He's very lovable now. Big change in a short time.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, he is absolutely stunning! And coming around real fast, from the sounds of it. Lucky this amazing boy found his way into your home!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Yep, we rescued him. This morning I discovered one of the reasons he is thin.
He's got tape worms!

He gave me a huge headbutt when he saw I had his breakfast, raw venison with his canned food.

He's very lovable now. Big change in a short time.
I'm sure he will shape up in no time under your care

He is stunning, so tall. I'm glad he is transitioning to the raw diet easily

This guy is a definite "need more pics of" as he settles into his new home.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad he has you to take care of him and that you've discovered the worms. He'll be fit as a fiddle in no time under your love and care. I can't wait to see more pics of him!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

"Showoff."

I can hear it now.

This made me belly-laugh.

I am very much looking forward to meeting this gorgeous hunk of cat.

He's in the right place, Nial. You and Teri have what it takes to give him the environment he needs so he can be himself and not be stressed out by human reaction to his special nature.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Absolutely beautiful cat.

I've got one dumb question. How big is this guy's litter box?

No...not even thinking about what comes out. I have one 15 pound cat with a jumbo box. He has one favorite corner and is a digger. When he gets going the litter ends up everywhere.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know where this quote comes from, but it's what popped into my mind when I saw that amazing picture of him leaping:

"Cats, no less liquid than their shadows, offer no angles to the wind."

What a beautiful (big!) kitty!!!!!!!!!!!!!