Eyes/URI?

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fae (8weeks), has an URI and has been on antibiotics so far 3/10 days. She also take 250mg of L-lysine a day per vet also. Her sneezing and wheezing are doing so much better already. However, her eyes are still really runny with green boogers. The rims of her eyes are slightly red still but there is no swelling. My question is- Do you think it would help if I held a warm compress to her eyes?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like herpesvirus, which will usually include the eyes.

Were you not given an eye ointment for her?

Terramycin is an eye antibiotic ointment and works very fast to get rid of the surface bacteria like eyes, then the antibiotics she takes gets rid of the internal bacteria.

Warm compresses may help soothe, it certainly can't hurt. But if you weren't given eye ointment you may want to ask about this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's on doxycycline liquid for 10 days. The vet said it should clear up with it and the l-lysine and she been on the supplement for 3 days also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will call the vet clinic and ask and start her on the compress. They humane society sent us to VCA clinics for her first couple of appointments and shots because they cover it. We plan to follow up with our regular vet there after, but if we need to I will just take her there. But I will call first.