Eye

YouraveragecatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just found this out today.He wasn't like this yesterday.I take care of a semi old kitten now that my parents can't take to the vet because of money issues.I try my best to take care of him by combing him and giving him baths.I have to keep him outside because my parents won't let him inside.Today I found this near his eye.It looks like it's a ripped part of his eyelid and I don't touch it for fear it might hurt him.But he doesn't let that bother him and he doesn't seem to be in pain and is playing normally.From far away he looks fine and keeps his both eyes open.But the eye with the ripped eyelid looks smaller than the other.What should I do?

Attachments

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it sounds obvious but do consider taking him to a vet. There are options to help alleviate financial strain for those who are a bit strapped due to various circumstances - Many vets have payment plans, you can look into assistance programs/foundations that offer low cost care or grants and financial aid to low-income families, or pay attention to accessible mobile drop in clinics that sometimes appear in the local calendar.

I don't know where you live, but as an example of foundations we have The Farley Foundation and Second Hope Circle here in Ontario. There is of course the link mentioned above already!

Or ask for help in other ways, are there any family friends, family members or other relatives who can pitch in together and help pay for a vet visit? GoFundMe? Anything you are willing to sell at a pawn shop?

Otherwise until then you can use a clean, damp and warm towelette to gently keep the area around the eye clean. Or an eye rinse from the pet store that can at least help get rid of bacteria, dirt and grime and prevent an infection. Don't have to touch the ripped part directly, just around the area. Make sure he has a cozy and safe place to rest as well if he has to stay outside.

Hang in there! :hugs: There is a solution!