Eye tumors? Parasites? Foreign body? 21 year old female tabby

Dragonesque

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 21-year-old tabby cat, Sassie, has strange growths in her right eye. I'm not sure what they are, but growths are brown and seem connected, looking a little like a segment from a string of pearls plant in her pupil.
Sassie has Feline Cognitive Dysfunction (dementia, diagnosed at 16), hyperthyroidism (diagnosed at 18, takes 2.5 mg Felimazole twice daily), kidney disease (diagnosed at 18, not sure what stage right now), a heart murmur (diagnosed at 10), and experiences the occasional absence seizure (first one occurred in 2018).
These growths don't appear to cause her discomfort, and given her age and current state of health, I will not put her through any painful procedures. I'm just wonder what these things are. She does occasionally hallucinate (or at least they seemed like hallucinations, but maybe she was seeing what was IN her eye?), hissing at things that aren't there.
Any ideas what these growths might be?
I will try and attach a couple of pictures.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you email those pictures to the vet to review? The vet may want to take a look at the cat in person to examine the eye issue more closely.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've not run across that. However, as LTS3 LTS3 says, I'd see if I could email those photos to your vet. This may be something simple, requiring non-invasive intervention, in which case you would certainly want to do that. And if it is something more severe, you will know to closely monitor her quality of life going forward.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dragonesque

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've sent an email, but there's no telling how long it with take her Dr. to respond as he is a traveling vet. I'll do anything that won't stress her out too much or cause her pain, that is if anything even needs to be done.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
DO keep us updated on how she is! It's so frustrating when someone posts about an issue (especially medical) and we never hear from them again. We FRET!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dragonesque

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m still waiting to her back from Sassie’s vet. I’m not overly concerned as it does not seem to cause her any acute distress. If I don't hear anything by Monday, I’ll give them a call. It's time for her yearly exam and bloodwork anyway. Here’s hoping it’s minor.