Eye problem (warning graphic pictures)

mycatwasthebest

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Mine too, I am hoping the info we gave helped alot, get the right help and meds for this poor sweet kitty!
@catwoman707

Hi, Thanks again for nice thought for thinking on my baby Blue. I did found a Pharmacy in Malaysia. They also have a Animal Hospital.  www.kmvetpharm.com.my

I did found some drugs for my cat. They will send to Indonesia. Hopefully these drugs help her. Thanked you again for your helpful info and help me understand on my cat disease.

I'll updated to you the good news. 

Thanks again @catwoman707
What drugs are you getting? How long will it take to get them? Have you called the schools? Did you send them the pictures? If you sent the pictures and they didn't reply I would be surprised, unless they are the kind of schools that teach the kind of vets you have already used. This thread upsets me greatly, I cannot imagine the pain your cat is in. If you cannot get pain medication for her you really need to let her go as soon as possible. Sorry.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

@catwoman707

Hi, Thanks again for nice thought for thinking on my baby Blue. I did found a Pharmacy in Malaysia. They also have a Animal Hospital.  www.kmvetpharm.com.my

I did found some drugs for my cat. They will send to Indonesia. Hopefully these drugs help her. Thanked you again for your helpful info and help me understand on my cat disease.

I'll updated to you the good news. 

Thanks again @catwoman707
You're welcome! I sure have been thinking about her and you, hoping you are able to get the right meds and get her well soon!

Please be sure to update any new information or progress.

Take care :)

supermax1943

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I manage a colony of 50+feral cats and Herpes Virus has infected three of the cats. Last year one feral cat I hadn't seen in awhile showed up with one eye in terrible condition. . I really felt the eye should be removed, but the emergency vet felt it could be cured. She was put on a high dose of antibiotics for 10 days, and the eye finally cured. I was truly amazed, and felt terrible about thinking I had almost had the eye removed, but sometimes, to spare the cat from pain, if nothing else helps, it is the best thing to do.

My cat's eye had not progressed to the degree of your cat, so the only hope I can offer is really for anyone whose cat's eyes may be in the early stages of Herpes Virus. 

My vet recommended that my cat be started on a supplement of Lysine as part of her daily diet. Since following that recommendation she has had no trouble with her eye at all. When looking at her, you can see that the eye was damaged. It is her left eye, which you can see in the picture just doesn't look the same as her right eye. The virus attacked the cornea, so her eye will never be the same.

What I do want to convey, is that whenever I see the slightest inkling of any eye problem ( tearing, staining below the eye, or blinking more than usual) I start the cat on Lysine and it works every time. Once it seems the virus is present in the cat, I keep them on a daily regimen of the Lysine. It has been a year since any outbreak.

The Lysine can be purchased in powder form so you can mix with wet food, or it comes in treat form, which my cats prefer, and is easier to give individually, as a treat.

Hope this helps anyone with cat eye problems.

lisa j tx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I sure hope sweet Blue got help for those ailing eyes.  I take in strays and have a fairly large herd of cats.  I have 13, all of them are now indoors except one scrappy tom cat that I had neutered last week along with his 5 kittens.  I can not imagine taking care of 50!  You rescuers are amazing people.  How heart wrenching it must be to then adopt them out to strangers.  I am thankful for all that you do to help these needy cats.

I have gotten so much help from this great site and especially from catwoman707 who helped me find the best medicine to fight a terribly resistant coccidia illness in my kittens which my cats also contracted.  I feel I should try to help others and post the information that helped relieve my herd of cats from the herpes virus troubles.  A friend is currently trying it for her herpes cats and is already seeing good results in just 2 days.

Last year my cats all contracted the herpes virus from one or two of the strays that I took in.  They all were suffering with rapid-fire, profuse sneezing, watery eyes and congestion.  They would be sick for about a week or two and then be better for about 3 weeks before it would start the cycle all over again.  My oldest cat, Tango, developed a bad eye infection and corneal ulcer which was blinding one eye.  I decided to try giving them all Colloidal Silver, CS, because my immediate family and extended family have had great results using it to fight different illnesses with out any bad side effects.  Stubborn recurring eye infections that wouldn't improve with prescription medicines quickly cleared up with colloidal silver.  We have used it as eye drops, ear drops, and nose drops and have taken it orally at times when we were ill or felt we were coming down with something.  It has given us quick relief from strep throat and pneumonia plus quickly healed infected wounds.  Hospitals have known for years what a powerful and safe antibiotic silver is and have used it in the best burn wound medicines as well as in newborn babies eyes to prevent serious infections.  

After about one week of treatment my cats no longer suffer through all those herpes virus symptoms and they have gone nearly 8 months without any troubles.  I have one that may have one sneeze a week and one or 2 started to have a drippy eye but a couple of drops of CS quickly got rid of it.  Tango's eye ulcer quickly and completely cleared up within one week!  I have read of people claiming they no longer needed cataract surgery thanks to CS.  I found that very hard to believe but I have to say that before Tango got the herpes virus he was developing slight cataracts in both eyes.  Now his eyes are as clear as can be; no sign of cataracts.  Before the CS treatments he started getting pneumonia and the outside stray tomcat developed a severe case of pneumonia.  I felt certain the tomcat wouldn't make it but with in 3 days he made an amazing recovery.  He used to have recurring coughing fits but hasn't had them anymore.  I do believe that they still carry the sickness because once I integrated my weaned kittens with the CS treated cats, 2 or 3 of the 5 kittens did develop runny eyes but I quickly gave them drops of CS in their eyes and put about 5 dropper fulls in their water daily for a while.  I only had to treat their eyes a few times which quickly cleared them plus they never have developed any other symptoms and they are now 6 months old.

With 13 cats I know that I have a good test case study.  All 13 had the same positive results with no side effects.  

How I treated them:  The grown cats were treated a little bit before the kittens were born.  Twice a day I gave each cat orally the tiny dose of 1 cc (ml) of Colloidal Silver in the low strength of 10 ppm (parts per million) (I used the brand sovereign silver but I know there are others).  I also dropped a couple of drops in each eye and in each nostril.  I treated them twice a day for about a week.

CS is available at most health supplement stores or online from places like Amazon and there you can read other peoples reviews.  There is another member on this site who posted on another thread about how CS saved her cat from dying from terrible deep wound infections when no other treatment helped.  Her cat made a complete recovery.  The thread of Ambermay's amazing CS success story is on this link:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/240011/colloidal-silver-usage-for-cats-health-in-some-occasions/120

I pray that others will get colloidal silver and keep it on hand and at least give it a try.  I feel certain it could have helped to heal that horrendous eye infection that dear Blue was suffering from just like it helped dear May as you can read in the above link and just as it helped all 13 of my cats.  

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Lisa J TX  thanks so much for the kind words. I love to know I was able to be helpful :)

@Dolphinmedan  many, many times I have thought about you and your cat, and wonder how things are going, or if she got help for her eyes.

If you are there, it would be so great to hear from you.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've wondered this too. I keep wanting to come back and ask, but am unsure if OP is still around, would come back, or what kind of news will come. Blue's case is very different from anything I've ever read about and I really am rooting for answers for the beauty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dolphinmedan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear Supermax 1943

Thank you for such a great information and your concern on my cat Blue. I did disappeared for a while from this forum. It's been tough months for me. It's still kind a remind me always of her till now. My cat Blue passed away 05.09.2014 - after 10 years of togetherness. I do also used to had adult Maltese dog passed away 24.07.2014 - after 15 years of togetherness.

So it's kind a lonely makes me feel sometimes now. I used to had them both around me, playing and annoying me. Kind a missed all the laughter by seeing them so playfull. But I guess she finally find her peacefully way to get rest. She doesn't needs to be grumpy when every time I took her to the Vet.

Thanks again Supermax 1943, I do hope everyone in this forum never giving up hope on taking care of their cats or pets. Also always cherised the moments they shared.

Love - Dolphinmedan

dolphinmedan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear Lisa J TX,

Hi Lisa. Thank you for kindness for my baby cat, Blue. It's been a while I've gone from this chat. I really appreciated for your medical explanation. Sadly, my baby, has passed away last 05.09.2014 ( 10 yrs old ) which before her I do had a adult Maltese dog also passed 24.07.2014 ( 15 yrs old )

So it's kind a lonely for me a while. Both my beloved pets finally rest in peace.

But thank you again for your kindness. I hope everyone in this forum never give up on their needing cats or pets.

With Love - Dolphinmedan

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry for your loss! Gosh I have thought about her and you so many times. Her case was very unique, but I know it was bad, and so hard to find a good vet to care for her and medicine to help her.

Very, very sad, so sorry.

I know you must be lonely. Makes my heart sad.

Thank you for letting us know.

You take care of yourself.

Hugs, Lisa

dolphinmedan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I've wondered this too. I keep wanting to come back and ask, but am unsure if OP is still around, would come back, or what kind of news will come. Blue's case is very different from anything I've ever read about and I really am rooting for answers for the beauty.
Dear pinkdagger, 

Thank you for your concern on my cat also. I know that her case was unique by this forum. Sadly, she passed away  05.09.2014 ( 10 yrs old ).  

It's very pity because Vets in my country can't help her. But I guess this is the way she wanted to be free and had a very good rest. I did cherished every moment I've spent with her since her kitten till the day she died. 

Thank you again for your kindness heart. I hope everyone here always love and hope for their cats. 

With Love - Dolphinmedan

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about both Blue and your Maltese. You have a caring heart and did so much for Blue in spite of what knowledge or supplies were or weren't available in Indonesia and I think with everything you went through together, Blue knew she was well loved. Thank you for taking the time to update us.

lisa j tx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Dolphinmedan    I too am so sorry to hear of your great loss.  They were blessed pets to have someone who loved them so much as you did.  Sweet Blue could have never made it that long on her own without your tender loving care.  You were great at trying so hard to get her the help she needed.  Our hearts ache from your great loss.  It is so painful to loose these beloved pets that give us so much love and happiness.  Your love for them made their lives happy.  No other pet would ever replace them, but don't forget there are many in need who sure could be blessed with the happy loving home and care that people like you can give them.  Hopefully, when the time is right you will find another precious animal to love.  It sure helps to ease the heartache when another precious pet is their to love you back.

May you be blessed,

Lisa