Eye injury on my boy.

Fuzzbuzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
going on three days ago my cat must have gotten into a fight with someone else cat because his eye is constantly watery, his third eyelid is pronounced there seems to be some puss or something under the right side of the right eyelid. He lets me look around at it and move it but he looks upset and seems to wince. He has gone from eating... 5 times a day (if I let him) to a little more than once a day. He drinks maybe once a day. He swallows like his throat hurts sounds like he's congested sometimes and is sneezing a lot. I think that is part of what is stopping him from drinking. I don't have a vet. I don't have the money for a vet right now. But he's my little buddy and I don't want him hurting.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fuzzbuzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe something here will help, because your cat needs to get to a vet. Also check and see if there are any low cost vets in your area.
Sorry for any broken links

Financial Aid for Pets

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

About Waggle | Vet Financial Assistance | Financial Aid For Pets

5 Ways to Pays for Vet Costs | PetMD
Ok I will check with all the sources I have from this list. With this stupid dang covid thing going on our finances are and have been strapped.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's not much, but keep his eye wiped clean in the meantime. A warm damp soft cloth, just to remove any eye discharge should be helpful. For the congestion, running hot water in a bathtub or shower, allowing steam to collect, and then sit in there with him a few times a day might help as well.

Try any and all, if necessary, of the items in this TCS article to see if there might be foods he will eat - How To Get Your Cat To Start Eating Again – TheCatSite Articles. Tuna water might be an option to get him to drink more.

Fuzzbuzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's not much, but keep his eye wiped clean in the meantime. A warm damp soft cloth, just to remove any eye discharge should be helpful. For the congestion, running hot water in a bathtub or shower, allowing steam to collect, and then sit in there with him a few times a day might help as well.

Try any and all, if necessary, of the items in this TCS article to see if there might be foods he will eat - How To Get Your Cat To Start Eating Again – TheCatSite Articles. Tuna water might be an option to get him to drink more.
I am taking him to the vet in a few min.

Fuzzbuzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was negative for feline leukemia. They gave me some antibiotics which he is almost done with now and I got him his rabies shot. We are going to take him back next Wednesday for his other shots. He is my big ol' tough cuddle boy 🥰😻 and he had me stressed out.