Explanation Of Robots And A Suggestion

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello there, I am still pretty new here, so sorry for my ignorance if there is an obvious answer to my question. What are/do the robots do on this forum? It currently says there are nearly 200 online, are these just scripts from the inside if TCS to kee things clean or are they more like spiders that are archiving our every post into a 3rd party site?

If they are what I am thinking, which are just internal script accounts, for example the auto mod post when someone asks for money/donations... why can’t we create more of these types. For example I keep seeing posts that I answer along the lines of... “help my kitty won’t come out” or “I just got a kitten and ....”. The script could look for help/kitten/scared and do an auto mod post linking to various useful threads about introducing kittens to cats already there, etc (similar to the posts about asking for money/donations).

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know anything about robots, but the disclaimer on the posts asking for money is not "automatic". One of the human moderators has to go to the thread and manually type in the reply. Or more likely, most do as I do and have the post saved so all I have to do is copy and paste.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
As explained in the other site, the "robots" are just our way of counting visits from search engines who are here to index the site.

We're about to upgrade the forum software later this year, so I'll keep your suggestions in mind when that happens, to see which plugins or add-ons are available in that department. Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know anything about robots, but the disclaimer on the posts asking for money is not "automatic". One of the human moderators has to go to the thread and manually type in the reply. Or more likely, most do as I do and have the post saved so all I have to do is copy and paste.
Oh, wow... I didn’t know mods were manually posting those each time.

I really hope once the upgrade happens later this year that a plug-in can autopost based off of keywords/topic. It seems archaic to still have to do it manually.