Explain your cat's name

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Simon Peter: When he was a kitten, he was loud and rowdy. I wanted a Biblical name, so decided on Simon Peter. In the Bible Simon Peter the Apostle is noted as being loud and boisterous. Today he is still loud and can be boisterous.
Annotation 2020-07-14 172035.jpg

Last edited:

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nubi: When he showed up at my house he was about 6 mths. He was skinny and beat up. I started taking care of him, telling him he was going to grow up to be a strong great Nubian warrior, like in the Bible. Called him my little Nubian prince. Decided that Nubian was too long a name so went with Nubi. Today, two+ years later, he is indeed a warrior and fears nothing.
IMG_20200727_144309613.jpg

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Twyla's first owner was a dancer and named her after the dancer, Twyla Tharp. Hooper is named in remembrance of my late fiancé. He wanted us to get a black cat and name it after the Hooper character in the movie "Jaws". About 18 months after he passed a starving black kitten showed up on my porch and naming him was predestined.

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Malachi: A few weeks before Malachi came into my life, had a dream about a white and yellow kitten that needed me. The next day, I start looking for him, checking with the local vets. A few days later I get a call from my vet saying, guess what, we have a yellow and white kitten. The person that found him was riding her horse and suddenly heard a very loud meow from under a bush. When she investigated, there was a tiny yellow and white kitten. She was surprised because he should not have been able to meow that loud. She took the kitten to my vet’s office and they called me. He was sickly, did not look like he was going to live, but I knew he would. After hearing the story about how he was found, I started looking for a Biblical name. Found that Malachi has different meanings, “my messenger, my Angel, one who cries in the wilderness”. When I saw, “one who cries in the wilderness”, knew that was the name for him.

Malachi crossed the rainbow bridge a couple years ago and I still miss his sweet self. I call this my Angel picture of him because of the the way the light shines from his eyes.

Image may contain: cat and indoor

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Um how spooky got her name is from a band member from twenty one pilots his nickname is spooky Jim and her middle name is Jude from the Beatles song hey Jude and it's my favorite song am I not the only person who has given their cat a middle name ?
One of mine has a middle name, Simon Peter after the Apostle in the Bible.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter we adopted Snuggles from said his name was Snuggles because he loved snuggling. (Not true, haha) We still kept it though because it is a cute name, and surprisingly quite uncommon. Explain your cat's name!
I have a cat who was rescued from my backyard as a kitten. My neighborhood was going through a kitten population boom. Kittens were being born everywhere. TG we were able to tnr the neighborhood kitties and get kittens off the street.

One gray Tuxedo kitten wandered into my yard and I had no idea where the kitten came from. I had other kittens I was feeding (i knew who there momma was, but not this little one.) I some how thought this kitten was a boy so I named it Oliver(as in Oliver twist) because this kitty was an orphan. Then I started calling it Ollie for short. One day, I saw the kitten's rear end and noted it had ⚾⚾s, so I renamed her Allie and ended up adopting her. She is one of the sweetest cats I ever owned. 😺😻😸

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat who was rescued from my backyard as a kitten. My neighborhood was going through a kitten population boom. Kittens were being born everywhere. TG we were able to tnr the neighborhood kitties and get kittens off the street.

One gray Tuxedo kitten wandered into my yard and I had no idea where the kitten came from. I had other kittens I was feeding (i knew who there momma was, but not this little one.) I some how thought this kitten was a boy so I named it Oliver(as in Oliver twist) because this kitty was an orphan. Then I started calling it Ollie for short. One day, I saw the kitten's rear end and noted it had ⚾⚾s, so I renamed her Allie and ended up adopting her. She is one of the sweetest cats I ever owned. 😺😻😸
Oops, I meant no⚾⚾s.

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I must have spent the past hour reading everyone's cool kitty name meanings.
Rox's name took a week after she came home. It was my early childhood babysitter's name. Roxanne still ignores me when I call her most of the time but she knows it, and when I say it singing like the NEW (hiphop?)song "Roxanne" by Arizona Zervas, she will come. I toyed with the name Roxanne for a couple days and when I played that song, she was intrigued with my speaker. She also plays with rocks outside (preference over 100s of dollars of cat toys 🤔) so I often shorten it to "Rox"
IMG-20200710-WA0009.jpg

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I must have spent the past hour reading everyone's cool kitty name meanings.
Rox's name took a week after she came home. It was my early childhood babysitter's name. Roxanne still ignores me when I call her most of the time but she knows it, and when I say it singing like the NEW (hiphop?)song "Roxanne" by Arizona Zervas, she will come. I toyed with the name Roxanne for a couple days and when I played that song, she was intrigued with my speaker. She also plays with rocks outside (preference over 100s of dollars of cat toys 🤔) so I often shorten it to "Rox"View attachment 357062
I forgot to mention that her name at the shelter was FF1160 (Female feline #1160?) And the shelter in kansas actually had the euthanasia date next to their #. Rox had 8 days to be adopted 😿 she was the first on the list.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention that her name at the shelter was FF1160 (Female feline #1160?) And the shelter in kansas actually had the euthanasia date next to their #. Rox had 8 days to be adopted 😿 she was the first on the list.
As much as I would love to adopt from a shelter, that place makes me sick to my stomach. No way could I go there and pick 1-2 knowing the rest are at risk of being put down. Thank goodness there are plenty of barns near me that have tons of kittens living in them. I atleast can save some from even going to that place. Out of all the animals my husband and I have had over the last 23 years, we've only paid for one. Don't find many Alaskan Malamutes in shelters so we had to go the breeder route but made sure it wasn't a backyard breeder type situation.