Explain your cat's name

Prudi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alice was a very serious kitten and the name just suited. She is a very serious madam.
E4C7C669-735D-4637-A58F-52F406FE5B21.jpeg

Robin Reliant, my tripod boy named after a three wheeled car in the uk. ( although he gets called all sorts of variations -Robster Lobster being my fav)
91EF6421-8F0E-4538-AF11-90A150529CB2.jpeg

Fleur-Ball - after the Pitbull song ‘fireball’which was playing on the radio in the car when we adopted her
EE757F1E-157C-4B87-B5B2-C992DA1F2E6A.jpeg

Meekie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aniki means "big brother" in Japanese. It can also be used to describe a mentor for an underling in the Japanese mafia, which is fitting because Aniki is good at mischief.

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two orange/ginger cats named Eric and Sarah. Eric's full name is Eric James. He is a big guy -- 18 lbs./8 kilos -- and is named after the Viking Erik the Red. He is 21 years old. Sarah is named after Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York. Her middle name is Margaret, but my Sarah's is Elizabeth. Sarah means "princess," and she certainly is that. She is Her Royal Highness Princess Sarah Elizabeth. She is 23 years old. She was three months old when I adopted her, and Eric was 18 months old. Sarah was dumped at my former church, and Eric's previous owners moved and left him behind because they didn't want to take him to the vet for his upper respiratory infection.

noani

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have Charly who is named after my late dad, whose nickname was Charly with a y. Initially, he was Charlie Brown, he had this really beautiful brown face as a newborn (and funnily enough, an acquaintance of mine adopted his brother and I later found out she called him Linus. We both didn't know of the others name).
Now there is also Baby Yoda, who as a wee kitten had these gigantic floppy disproportionate ears. Now he usually goes by Yoda but sometimes we still refer to him as Baby Yoda. :flail:

Outside in our small colony, there's also Mammina;(the mom cat who "started" the colony we take care of), "Pazzetta" (diminutive of crazy in Italian as she is...quite quirky and weird but sweet as sugar), and finally Calzino (meaning little sock, he has white paws) and his brother, Calzone.
Sometimes Zietta (Auntie, we suspect she is Mammina's sister) visits around feeding time and a stray has joined the colony recently who has been named "Nica" (small or little in Sicilian language, she is probably around 5 to 6 months and we're trying to build trust in order to TNR. Catching the right one in a trap is impossible as we always get the wrong one in the trap (Pazzetta or Calzino). A roaming tomcat who used to come around was aptly named "inseminator" (pronounced with a thick Italian accent) by my neighbours but he has since been TNRd and hasn't been around in ages. He wasn't part of their bonded colony so he stopped coming around.