Expired Friskies At Costco

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my cats were just not eating the Friskies I got from Costco, even though they eat friskies regularly. Some flavors they don't love, but they normally adjust after a day or two. They were not adjusting this time -- its been almost a week. They would eat one can a day slowly under protest and dry at night as opposed to 2+ cans. Finally, I checked the box -- "January 19". Shit, I'm a bad cat dad. Well, I think it just didn't smell/taste good, I don't think it made them sick. Ticked at Costco. That isn't a little expired!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You're right. That's not just a little expired, that's a LOT. Not wonder your furkids didn't want to eat it. Of course Costco should take it back and refund your entire case, but still, that's maddening.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Costco has a liberal return policy. They'll take anything back.

I wouldn't think a few months would change the flavor that much, but cats always know!

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow that's concerning! I've never had a problem like that at Costco, that's crazy! Like Willowy said, they should take it back no problem. Sorry that you had to go through the stress of your cats not eating well.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I doubt a couple months make a difference. But ya return it to costco.