Excited to bring my persian kitten home

Persian_Kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I will be bringing home a female persian kitten in about another month or so. She is currently 7 weeks old and still with the breeder and her sibling. Its been many years since I have had a kitten and she will currently be the only kitten in the home. I have been shopping like crazy buying everything that the breeder suggested plus more but I am open to any suggestions or advise. The breeder suggested a small open-top litterbox but I had purchased the booda clean step covered litterbox which I'm thinking is too big and I'm not sure if she will even like it so I was thinking about just getting a plain small litterbox to start her out and maybe try to transition her when she is older, what do you all think? The picture is her at 6 weeks old and I haven't thought of any names for her yet
IMG_1798.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
AW709984_00.gif
Persian_Kitty and new kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
68ae3a05b59600a393f84b44e8c9c352.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Your kitty is a cutie! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

Since you did not have a cat for awhile, do read the articles below to refresh yourself on taking care of a cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful!!

Congratulations.

I dont have any recommendations on litter size boxes, just that it be easy for her to access and spacious so she can turn around easily and has fresh litter to use between cleanings (which should be at least daily).

I would also get low dust litter as those tiny lungs will be delicate.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweetheart! Since you are going to transition her to the other box, I would have both out. She may surprise you and use the other. Find out what litter they are using too. Make sure you have a corrugated cardboard scratcher for her.
Make sure you are ready for behavior, it is nonstop from morning till night, and that your home is kitten-proofed with no dangerous things she can get into. Other than that, all she needs is good food and you! PS I put in the name Zoey.....

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh she's gorgeous!!! Welcome to the both of you! :wave3:

I agree with di and bob di and bob . Leave both boxes out and she will decide which one she likes best. The rule for litter boxes is one per cat plus one extra so she may end up using both. My two cats have five litter boxes and they all get used.

For a name, I will go to the other end of the alphabet and suggest April or Alexis. She's so pretty! :cloud9:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Persian_Kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Did you get your beautiful little kitten yet?
No I do not have her yet the breeder just said that I will be able to bring her home at the end of June. The anticipation is so hard to deal with that I have just been buying more and more things for her online everyday. She is definitely going to be spoiled.

Persian_Kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to the site! As a lover and former breeder of silver and golden Persians I have to say your baby is adorable! If I can answer any questions for you, feel free to ask.
Thank you, I am so excited to bring her home and I'm sure I will have lots of questions so I will definitely keep you in mind.

Reina’s Kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I understand that excitement and waiting! I just got my two kittens last Friday. I am excited for you and she is sooo cute!!! Have you come up with some possible names yet?

Persian_Kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I understand that excitement and waiting! I just got my two kittens last Friday. I am excited for you and she is sooo cute!!! Have you come up with some possible names yet?
Thank you 🥰, I will actually be getting two kittens as well but from different breeders both females the one in this post I am thinking of naming Dior and my other kitten I am thinking of naming her Prada. One will be coming home next week and the other one at the end if June. I would love to see a picture of your kittens 😸

Reina’s Kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you 🥰, I will actually be getting two kittens as well but from different breeders both females the one in this post I am thinking of naming Dior and my other kitten I am thinking of naming her Prada. One will be coming home next week and the other one at the end if June. I would love to see a picture of your kittens 😸
Dior and Prada! I love it!!! :happycat: I would love to see a pic of Prada!

I posted pics in this same forum New Cats. Mine are Prince Jasper and Athena:dizzycat::runningcat:

Reina’s Kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just realized I accidentally registered twice! When on my phone I’m logged in as Reina’s kittens but on my computer I’m My Furry Angels. Oops! Lol