Excited To Be Here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LovelyStyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Whichever kitty you choose, I hope that cat is good for you. They are both lovely!:redheartpump:
Welcome to The Cat Site! Whichever kitty you choose, I hope that cat is good for you. They are both lovely!:redheartpump:
Well folks....things are interesting here. She came to rub on me about 2 hours after arriving home. She jumped up on the couch and let me pet her and we played. Eventually, she laid her head on my lap. Things were fine..... until my husband and his deep bass voice came home. She left my side abruptly and has been hiding seriously ever since. I understand she came from a home with domestic violence of some type. So perhaps she is sensitive to men and / or the sound of their voices. People advise to give it time, she's making another big adjustment....

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww...poor little girl. Hopefully in time when she sees your husband means her no harm, she will not be so startled. Some kitties are just very jumpy. Our kitty Chloe wasn't easily startled when she was six weeks old (when we adopted her).But now, even though my husband is very good to her, she is startled by him (but she cuddles with me). However, Chloe's brother Kiefurr Sutherland (my avatar is the picture of Chloe and Kiefurr) sticks close to my husband.

LovelyStyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

LovelyStyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, LovelyStyle. You have a beautiful girl. I am glad you gave her a good home. What are you naming her?
I have held off a bit from re-naming her. I like the name Savvy, as she has proven herself to be. Hubby likes the name Mookie....as in Mookie Betts.

LovelyStyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,

Savvy and I continue to bond. We have a morning routine and I've discovered I have a very vocal cat. Meow, meow, meow! She loves sitting on the couch snuggling up with me. She looks much better than she did the day we met and appears happy with her surroundings. Hubby and her haven't connected. She still stays away from him, will hiss at him and sometime leave me if he comes into the room. We're working on things....

Attachments