Excessive licking of another cat.

kurt55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Urraco apparently has a fetish or something, and excessively licks Jarama. He'll do it on his stomach, in the softer hair area, and will do it to a point that he's pretty much drooling on Jarama. J's fur gets matted down and soaked (as if he just got out of the bath with me) in that spot... Just today, the area Urraco was doing this to Jarama in was rather... shocking. On his inner thigh.

What gives ? Does Urraco have a licking issue that can be resolved or is a phase ? Why does Jarama seem to ... not give a crap ? And should I just accept that my boys may be "curious" ??!
I have a quite similar situation. My two cats (ages about 3 years) have always been quite affectionate to each other, but the licking is becoming excessive, to the point of leaving bare spots. Also a lot of saliva. Could it be a mouth health problem (on the part of the licker)? All the web sites about excessive licking relate to one cat excessively licking itself, but none of the solutions suggested seem to relate to it's being a different cat. All suggestions are welcome.