Everyone, Meet Rick, Morty, And Zelda :) (+a Few Questions)

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Firstly, I would like to introduce my kittens. Attached is the best picture I've taken of them yet haha. Rick is on the left, Zelda is in the middle, and Morty is on the right. Secondly, I had a question about how big they would get? Rick and Morty are huge for their age. The people we got them from told us they were born May 18th, 2017 which would make them 12 and a half weeks as of today. We got their 2nd set of vaccines today and the people looking at them confirmed that they looked just about 12 weeks. Rick weighed 4.4lbs and Morty weighed 4.6lbs. I was told that kittens should weigh about 1lb per month of age but at 3 months, they're quite heavy haha. I was just wondering how big they would get? I love big cats so its no worry but I would like some idea. Zelda on the other hand is just about 10 weeks old. We actually don't know her birthday because she was found under the hood of a car. She weighed in at 2.8lbs, this is closer to average but is weird because we expected her to weigh even more. She has a lot of Maine Coon traits such as the well, mane, as well as ear tufts, huge eyes, and rectangular body (she also has medium length fur that could maybe grow to long but for now we can't tell). Do you guys think she weighs less because she was a stray when she was little? How big do you think she'll get too? Thank you all! 20170813_164611.jpg

(Zelda got her 1st set of shots and deworming today too. Also, Rick and Morty are by no means overweight, we were told they were completely healthy boys :D)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

Those kittens are cute little ones! Kittens at 12 weeks usually weigh 2.2-4 lbs, so I'd guess Rick and Morty would be on the higher end of the weight range as adults, so probably over 10 pounds.

I can't see Zelda well enough in that picture to see if I agree with your Maine Coon heritage assessment (she's kinda buried under a kitten pile, lol), but if she was malnourished as a stray kitten, I think she'll probably catch up as she grows, especially if she does have Maine Coon influence. Does she seem to have big paws for her size? That could be an indication that she's going to be a larger kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you abyeb abyeb :3

Here's some better pictures of Zelda. Her paws don't seem that big but maybe I'm just overestimating average kitten paw size haha.
IMG_4470.jpg 20170808_222351.jpg
1502662422497.jpg
20170813_162805.jpg
(All these images were within the past 2 weeks, last 2 were actually from earlier today)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Her face looks a bit more triangular than a Maine Coon's, but her body type certainly does match up. Maine Coons also have much longer, thicker fur, but I think it's a possibility your kitty has some MC influence, maybe a few generations back. We might be able to see more as she gets older, too. She's such a pretty girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
abyeb abyeb huh, I think her face is kind of squarish. Pictures are a bit hard to really tell though compared to real life. Her fur is quite thick! A lot more so than Rick or Morty's. She's definitely not a shorthair at least haha. Although that's something you definitely wouldn't be able to feel through a picture xD I'll tell her you said she was a pretty girl :p

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello
IMG_3113.GIF
KalicoKitten, Rick, Marty and Zelda, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3142.GIF
to you all.

Glad that you guys have joined us and feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them in the respective forum pages and also check out the informative articles in the Articles section.

Your kitties are lovely and do post more photos of them for us to see :wink: