Every morning throw up

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The last 5 days right after the first meal eating my cat throws up, Even if I give very little he throws it up...This morning he doesnt seem too interested in food and he always is but he ate couple of peices and he threw it up...

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is he throwing up food at other times too? Has he been able to eat anything over the last few days? Are mornings a different specific food (brand, meat type, dry vs wet) then any other meals? When does he get fed besides mornings?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is it possible that he is going too long without food from his last meal at night to the first one of the morning? Did you make a recent food change that might not be agreeing with him? How long after he eats is he throwing up? How is his eating the rest of the day?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He eats small meals all day long, after he throws up he wants to eat, acid relux? His appetite comes back strong after he barfs

He hasnt been barfing except right after breakfast, I left a little food out last night about 10.15 pm, I fed him couple peices kibble at 5 am, fed a little at 6 45 and barf

He wasnt too interested in the 5 am kibble either, also had steroid injection 2 weeks ago for allergys

Last edited:

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, I been testing out and feeding him literally maybe 5 peices of kibble this morning and barf, he only eats tiny meals all day because of regurgitation, same food royal canin gastrointestinal

He wasnt too interested in food early morning which is unusual, after he barfed I just fed him his normal amount and he ate it all about 15 min after the barf

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't tell from what you've replied so far, so I am still wondering about the length of time that goes by between his last meal of the day and the first one the next morning. When you said you left some food for him at 10:15P - did he eat it all, and did you watch to see how long it took him to eat it?

You could consider buying a timed feeder and set it up so that it feeds just a bit multiple times throughout the night.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I left some a little food in his bowl, he probably ate it soon after I put it there and he eats fast

Bilious Vomiting Syndrome....?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know much about that, but it could be. So, you think you are seeing bile in his vomit? I am guessing the recommendation would be to feed more often so as to help reduce digestive juice build up. If that doesn't help, I believe gastric acid reducers would be the next step after that.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I see no bile just clear liquid and couple peices of kibble, I can get a timed feeder which id only put like a teaspoon of kibble in and maybe dispense at 3 am, I dunno....

This cat is literally one thing to the next I spend so dam much on him, he was just at the vet two weeks ago

maybe this one, maybe the two meal one, one tiny meal at 2 am and then at 4am, I ordered the two meal one

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I certainly would try the two meal one - or, even one that feeds more than two meals. Time them so that it coincides with the frequency/amount of his day time meals and see if it makes a difference - especially since the only time he throws up is first thing in the morning. You might have to help make him aware that he can get food throughout the night so that he actually uses it.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If he has other allergies, it is possible he has an allergy to the food. That is a vet prescribed food so you should probably ask your vet to switch to the allergy version and see if that helps.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got him hydrolyzed protein after the vet visit two weeks ago for the steroid because of itchy skin and grooming and he was on it for two days but I stopped because of this occurance...He already had morning throw up 2 or 3 days prior to the hydrolyzed

Last edited:

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont know he gets a teaspoon or so every 2 hours all day long, sometimes more frequent

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do think it has to do with him having an empty stomach, allowing the gastric juices to accumulate. Talk to your vet. You can do a phone consult which, if like my vet, won't cost you a dime. They can advise you of the best antacid to try, so if that doesn't work you are not going outside of the vet's approved recommendations - which means you can easily go back and report the outcome of the antacid treatment for additional suggestions/help.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea I will wake at 3 am and feed him and see what happens, I did order a feeder which will also come in handy if I go out for the day

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fed him at 10pm, just so happen to wake up at 12am so fed him a little, then at 5am then at 6am and no throw up

First time in 5 days