Ever called a Psychic?

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I've been struggling with my life & stuff. And I don't like it. I feel stuck in alot of different ways. And I'm kind of like at a loss at what to do.
Now, this isnt really affecting my job, or "me", it just really gets to me at certain points of the day, and I get lethargic and exhausted from thinking too hard.

Ive been to a counselor before, a while ago, but I felt that was just a place to vent, and it didn't really help me figure stuff out.
I have a real hard time dealing with big decisions, therefore, I put it off, and all the while whatever that decision is...Kills me inside. But I just never tell anyone, or show anyone.

So while it may be a dumb thing to get into, and I realize the costs, and I question the quality, I've been thinking about calling a psychic.

Now the real question is here (forgetting about the above):
Have you ever called a psychic? Been to one?
What happened? Did it help ANY?

(Sorry for getting all "lifey" on you's, I'm just feeling like a big ball of Bleh right now.
Thanks guys. Maybe my hormones are all messy today.
)

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leah,

I have been to many psychics. I think it's better if you know someone in your area that went to one and had a good experience. I have had very good experiences and they have been right on with me.
I have also been to a medium after my first husband died, that was unbelievable, she could NOT have known any of the things he told her to tell me.
I just don't know about one on the phone...unless it's that woman from the Montel Williams show and she's really expensive!!!
Let me know what u decide to do!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Helen. Go to someone in person and preferably with references. I do believe there are some that are really good and can help you see your choices more clearly. There are a lot more who are scam artists and read into your tonation (phone) or body language to tell you what you want to hear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So they're for real? I always just thought it was a wierd thing, and never really questioned one.
I did have my palm read once, but she said I was going to marry a metorolgist, and travel alot.
That's when I stopped believing in them.
I dunno...I really don't think there are alot of them around here. Especially with referances. How do I find out if they've got referances?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe references is a bad term for psychics.
Referrals would be a better word for it.

Honestly, go to a New Age store and if they don't have an in-house person who reads tarot or runes or something, ask if they know of someone they would refer you to. Heck, if there are patrons there, you might ask them.
Or they may be willing to read you for free or a donation or something.

Are they real? Depends on how you want to view it. I personally don't think anyone can tell you your future, like who you're going to marry or if you're going to travel, but I do think that there are forces that can help you see your situation more clearly. I think that there are ways to connect to either a deeper part of yourself or an outside force that can guide you to seeing your options and choose your path. You just have to be open to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Maybe references is a bad term for psychics.
Referrals would be a better word for it.

Honestly, go to a New Age store and if they don't have an in-house person who reads tarot or runes or something, ask if they know of someone they would refer you to. Heck, if there are patrons there, you might ask them.
Or they may be willing to read you for free or a donation or something.

Are they real? Depends on how you want to view it. I personally don't think anyone can tell you your future, like who you're going to marry or if you're going to travel, but I do think that there are forces that can help you see your situation more clearly. I think that there are ways to connect to either a deeper part of yourself or an outside force that can guide you to seeing your options and choose your path. You just have to be open to it.
Well first thing..I sure am open to it. I'm not interested in my "future" persay, just helping me make some decisions I suppose. I'd love to see my situation more clearly...that's what I need. I sure am open to it.

Second..What the heck is a new age store? Like a witch store (wiccan?)?

And I'm asking about the psychics because I've been reading my horoscope lately, and I LOVE it when it's right. Or at least around the point of "right". And so then I started reading the online ones, and whadda know?!, click on some links, and it's psychic central.

Know about how much they range in cost in person?

kelcat4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did not see a psychic, but had my tarrot card read----as a joke.
It was really freaky what was said to me---things that really hit close to home.

I am not sure what you are looking to learn from this, but go with an open mind, and listen hard---sometimes what we interpret is NOT what is reality. I agree with the others, and find someone who is reputable. Good luck to you, I hope you find the answers you are looking for. Keep us posted.

Kelcat4

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny story to cheer you up, On Beale Street (I live in Memphis)...there is a "psychic"....I really just think she's a scam artists trying to make money off of people after they've had a "little too much to drink"
lol....well, She wears a HUGE Dr. Seuse looking hat and ALWAYS tries to give out her cards to the extremely intoxicated people that hang our around Silky O'Sullivans...lol
I'm sure there are good psychics out there....but I personally wouldn't trust Dr. Seuse lady lol...she's crazy! And definitely into scaming people for money and taking advantage of them when they're not able to make an informed decision. I do however like the psychic, Sylvia Brown that comes on Montel. I've never called her- never will probably, I don't necessarily agree with that...but I do think that she is one of the reputable ones in that profession. Good luck whatever you decide sweetie! I hope things in your life start to look up soon!