Even Kitties Get the Blues

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh…my cat Zorro is getting old. It’s an inevitable fact but he just looks mopey. He’s beyond all toys. He can’t go out due to bobcats. Just wish I could cheer him up…almost as if he KNOWS he’s 18. Wish there was some way I could liven up his retirement years. (I can’t get another cat, for a host of reasons). Anyone out there w/ an old cat?

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh…my cat Zorro is getting old. It’s an inevitable fact but he just looks mopey. He’s beyond all toys. He can’t go out due to bobcats. Just wish I could cheer him up…almost as if he KNOWS he’s 18. Wish there was some way I could liven up his retirement years. (I can’t get another cat, for a host of reasons). Anyone out there w/ an old cat?
Cat tv!!!! Try this he may enjoy watching birds, squirrel, fishes, mice …

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Cat tv!!!! Try this he may enjoy watching birds, squirrel, fishes, mice …
Thanks! I will do. He actually just curled himself up into a happy cat nap ball so am slightly less worried (He had elongated himself, staring into space, the position he had taken when I had to rush him to a hospital) but will definitely try. He does always, as cats do, make the best of any situation. Napping is healing.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Iris is 18, too, and pretty frail. She spends a lot of time just curled up looking at nothing, but she’s also developed a couple of compulsions in the last year or so. She has these small, puffy yarn balls that she carries around in her mouth and yowls at the same time. But the only times she does it is when we’re gone or in the middle of the night.

“They comfort me.”
A2F53E5E-F17E-4E65-BF02-30C901083D79.jpeg

Have you noticed any compulsive behaviors or things that seem to bring him comfort?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just aired out my camping tent and all of a sudden he had kitten spurt again. I nearly lost a finger. Those yarn balls look sweet and hilarious. What an adorable picture.