Eureka (TV Series)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eureka

I often get asked, "What do you watch on TV?"

Well, here's the answer: Eureka, Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who, The Office, Madmen and some PBS programs. Mostly I wait for DVD or watch them on Netflicks on demand. It's a lot easier because I don't have to sit though commercials.

DH and I just finished watching the second season of this quirky little show, and I have to say I loved it. It doesn't have any deep meanings, any overly heavy plot, or any political overtones. It's just a fun little self aware show that makes me laugh. Some of my favorite lines of this season:
"Well, why didn't you just call it an icy cyclone of death?"

"If this turns into a zombie attack, I quit!"

If you would like to waste away a few hours of your life with a nice bowl of popcorn and a beer/soda/ice tea/root beer float Eureka is the way to go. The whole family can really get into it.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Eureka... it's like a techno Doctor Who.

My roommate was confused when I tried to explain it to her, but has since started watching it too and she said the other day "Thank goodness you were recording this!"

My only quibble? .... I missed the first season.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love Eureka. It's one of the best shows on the SciFi channel! It's also a good family show, there's really nothing bad about it that I can see. I don't think a lot of people know about the show though. Like for instance, I told my sister what I was watching one night and she said she had never heard of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

I love Eureka... it's like a techno Doctor Who.

My roommate was confused when I tried to explain it to her, but has since started watching it too and she said the other day "Thank goodness you were recording this!"

My only quibble? .... I missed the first season.
Oh, go rent it then. You'll understand a lot more about the second. Blockbuster and Netflicks both have it.

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hmm, I've never heard of it. I usually don't watch the Sci Fi channel. Maybe I'll check it out.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I've loved Eureka from the first season (it is the only thing that saved me from TV despair after Wonderfalls was quickly axed). It has great humor, interesting people, and the sci-fi isn't overwhelming gloomy. I also love how Sheriff Carter comes up with a solution that isn't brainy but always works.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been watching since the first episode, and have loved every single one... Carter is the comic relief (not to mention that he also manages to get nekkid at least once a season, and it's well worth it).

Eureka is hilarious, highly intelligent, a total geekfest but with normal human foibles thrown in. This is a classic "what would happen if..." with the ending of that question being "... you threw an average guy into a not-so-average town full of scientists?" You get Eureka.

Lots of fans have wondered where it's technically 'set.' And while there IS a town in Northern CA called Eureka, I believe this is supposed to be in Oregon. Southern OR, but Oregon nonetheless.

I have season one on DVD... and will keep buying each season. This is my sci-fi show now, as USA cancelled my other one, The 4400. (I could call them names right now, but this is a family site)

If you aren't watching Eureka, you should be. Even if you don't get all the science stuff... it's a blast (pardon the pun, for those who watch) to watch... highly recommended.

Amanda