"Ethical" question

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by FishTreatsMom

Apparently not. I emailed to the clinic director there who said she would see if she can get a volunteer to come and help me and I never got a response back.
I would email her again and ask if she was able to find a volunteer....as with all of us..sometimes it isn't always easy to stay on top of every email.

Katie

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FishTreatsMom

Apparently not. I emailed to the clinic director there who said she would see if she can get a volunteer to come and help me and I never got a response back.
Check their website again. They speuter ferals for just $17 each! You would save that much on food in a year, by preventing them from having additional litters! And it sounds like you could just go get the traps, and bring the kitties in yourself, without waiting for one of their volunteers! Makes me wish I lived even closer to Chicago than I do now! My vet charges $25 per feral, and only does the surgeries once a week, with an appointment!

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I, too have aproblem with a cat colony. I live in a rural area. I called All of the vets in a 30 mile radius to me. They pretty much told me I am on my own with this situation. Since this is a farming community the vets think that the cats are either the farmers problem, or the farmers friend. I couldn't get any help. I used to have close to 30 cats/kittens that I fed and tried to shelter. Of course that number varied depending on the season. For whatever reason I only have 7 left. One adult male and 6 kittens. All of the others have packed thier little bags and left home. Quite frankly with winter coming I am worried about them all. What is TNR? And what does the Alley cat organization do? Thnkas

fishtreatsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Check their website again. They speuter ferals for just $17 each! You would save that much on food in a year, by preventing them from having additional litters! And it sounds like you could just go get the traps, and bring the kitties in yourself, without waiting for one of their volunteers! Makes me wish I lived even closer to Chicago than I do now! My vet charges $25 per feral, and only does the surgeries once a week, with an appointment!
I would do most of the work, but I don't drive to begin with. And even if I could, my husband has the car from 7 am to 7 pm 5 days a week when he's either at work or commuting.

The problem with even getting volunteers is you have to drop off the cat between 6:30 and 9 am and pick the cat up the same day during rush hour traffic. PAWS is 10 miles away and Anti cruelty is 14 miles away.