Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Tell her I know?

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have paid a cattery money to purchase a kitten. Well, it turns out she is not registered in the Cat Fancier's Association because she went to court and lost that privilege for animal abandonment/neglect, and trespassing in 2016.

She left a pet carrier with cats inside, in an abandoned parking lot. Someone saw her do this. Then testified in court. One on the sick animals had to be put down because of how sick they were.

I asked the Cat Fancier's Association what I should do. I am asking you also.

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you listen to your heart and pay dollars to a bad breeder to get a kitten or cat out of the bad situation, the individual kitten or cat will be better off BUT you will be supporting the poor breeding practices of this breeder. The only ways bad breeders stop breeding
is if legally they are stopped or if it isn't profitable. Get your money back and find a breeder that is genuinely working to improve the breed and that adheres to ethical breeding practices.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you listen to your heart and pay dollars to a bad breeder to get a kitten or cat out of the bad situation, the individual kitten or cat will be better off BUT you will be supporting the poor breeding practices of this breeder. The only ways bad breeders stop breeding
is if legally they are stopped or if it isn't profitable. Get your money back and find a breeder that is genuinely working to improve the breed and that adheres to ethical breeding practices.
I asked her for my money back, I said I changed my mind. I'll tell you what she said.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, it's Christina Nunn again. I changed my mind about purchasing a cat or kitten. I would like my money back please.

pureroyaltypersians
Sat, Nov 10, 9:20 PM (11 hours ago)

Hello Christina,
I'm sorry to hear this, but unfortunately your deposit is non refundable. You can see it clearly says this on my website. Its been many months now that you placed the deposit. Can I ask why your now coming to me and telling me you have changed your mind?

Well,

I googled you.

I found your animals are not able to be registered because you are banned.

You left sick cats in a parking lot and we’re banned from associations.

I’m torn, do I take a cat or back away because of your reputation?

Christinanunn

Wow ok let me start with, maybe you should have came to me and discussed this first prior to making false accusations.

For starters all my adult breeder cats are registered with CFA. That would not be imprtant to you unless you yourself are trying to breed one of my kitties. I can't make a private club to uphold justice when it is more political than about honesty.

Secondly... I was aquited of all charges because I proved at the trial, which I demanded on having, and proved it was not me with many leads to other people.

Furthermore my reputation was impeccable with not a single complaint from no one in 10 yrs till some one did this. Now your fault accusations are no better than the rest.

Now I stated the facts and my peace. Have a nice night.

Trixxe McCowin

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.cfa.org/Portals/0/documents/org/disciplinary-suspensions.pdf
I would first check this link. Her adult cats can be registered, BUT in some circumstances not the kittens. As for her statement that registration shouldn't matter unless you plan on breeding, I would tell her if I am paying a price for a registered kitten I expect the papers to prove it. Most breeders do have a no refund clause. Most that I know will refund in some situations though. Did you already sign a contract?

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
http://www.cfa.org/Portals/0/documents/org/disciplinary-suspensions.pdf
I would first check this link. Her adult cats can be registered, BUT in some circumstances not the kittens. As for her statement that registration shouldn't matter unless you plan on breeding, I would tell her if I am paying a price for a registered kitten I expect the papers to prove it. Most breeders do have a no refund clause. Most that I know will refund in some situations though. Did you already sign a contract?
Her name is under permanent:
Trixxe McCowin (Pure Royality), Medina OH – commencing January 16, 2017.
on the link you provided.

I'm not going to fight her for the money. She can have it.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

DISCIPLINARY SUSPENSIONS/PROBATIONS

(Updated October 15, 2018)

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, it's Christina Nunn again. I changed my mind about purchasing a cat or kitten. I would like my money back please.

pureroyaltypersians
Sat, Nov 10, 9:20 PM (11 hours ago)

Hello Christina,
I'm sorry to hear this, but unfortunately your deposit is non refundable. You can see it clearly says this on my website. Its been many months now that you placed the deposit. Can I ask why your now coming to me and telling me you have changed your mind?

Well,

I googled you.

I found your animals are not able to be registered because you are banned.

You left sick cats in a parking lot and we’re banned from associations.

I’m torn, do I take a cat or back away because of your reputation?

Christinanunn

Wow ok let me start with, maybe you should have came to me and discussed this first prior to making false accusations.

For starters all my adult breeder cats are registered with CFA. That would not be imprtant to you unless you yourself are trying to breed one of my kitties. I can't make a private club to uphold justice when it is more political than about honesty.

Secondly... I was aquited of all charges because I proved at the trial, which I demanded on having, and proved it was not me with many leads to other people.

Furthermore my reputation was impeccable with not a single complaint from no one in 10 yrs till some one did this. Now your fault accusations are no better than the rest.

Now I stated the facts and my peace. Have a nice night.

Trixxe McCowin

Cat breeder acquitted

Montville Township cat breeder's attorney denies kitten dumping

Woman accused of abandoning sick cats acquitted

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise

Did you sign a contract? I think you should be able to get the money back since you paid the money believing that the kitten would be CFA registered, which turned out not to be the case.

Even if you’re not breeding the kitten, if you’re paying the pedigree price, you should receive a pedigreed kitten.

If you are okay with a Persian not having papers, you could adopt one from a breed-specific rescue.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did you sign a contract? I think you should be able to get the money back since you paid the money believing that the kitten would be CFA registered, which turned out not to be the case.

Even if you’re not breeding the kitten, if you’re paying the pedigree price, you should receive a pedigreed kitten.

If you are okay with a Persian not having papers, you could adopt one from a breed-specific rescue.
Thanks, I have been checking out SPCR.
Home

I won't purse the money.

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Out of curiosity I checked out her website.. under guarantee it says "each kitten comes with a 1 year health guarantee" (no mention of what is pertained in that guarantee) except she gives them Nuvet plus...

I also didn't see any mention of her cats being registered at all, or having any health testing done...

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Out of curiosity I checked out her website.. under guarantee it says "each kitten comes with a 1 year health guarantee" (no mention of what is pertained in that guarantee) except she gives them Nuvet plus...

I also didn't see any mention of her cats being registered at all, or having any health testing done...
:yeah:
There are a lot of red flags on her website. One is that her contract apparently requires that you give the kitten Nuvet supplements or the health guarantee will be invalid.

Others have mentioned several things that don't seem quite right as well.

nunnc84 nunnc84 I hope the deposit you paid wasn't too high since it appears you will not be able to recover it. In any case, I think you should cut off all contact with this breeder now. Consider it a learning experience and start your kitty search over.

If you truly want a registered pedigreed Persian you'll need to research breeders and their catteries very carefully.

If you just want a Persian as a pet, with or without registration, there are breed specific rescues you can look into.

Good luck with finding your new kitty.