Ethic Question Would You Turn A Friend In?

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, i know this guy for a number of years. Not the nicest guy in the world and you can almost called him scandalous, and yet im friend with him.

The thing is I recently found out he attends **** fighting events here in Htown and post the video on FB. As some of you already knew, im an animal lover of all sort. When i see bettles get turnovered, i’d flip them back on their feet. When i see a worm in the middle of the street,i’d pick it up to the nearest lawn.

So what should i do guys? Call the poe poe? It’s kinda eating at me because the ***** are likely put down at the end of most fights. But also at the same time my friend is on probation . Any transgression with the laws will send him to jail and possibly deportation. What would you do guys?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
C0ckfighting*

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! you said he's attending, but not one of the owners/managers/organizers?

If I were you and you want to remain friends with him, I would report the FB posts (if you aren't already), and I would report the fighting prior to a scheduled event. If however you don't care all that much, call the cops while one of the fights is going on.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok i just look at his fb again and it was a repost about a year ago that was “live”.
Regardless, the point still stand.
We’re good friend enough to talk about anything but hes one of those type of people that lacks common sense and decency in term of how to be an overall good person. Shady is probably a good word to describe him.
I dont know where these events were held but if i had to guess it’s about 30 mins drive from where im at. There’s a congregation of idiots that live on that side of town( Must be something in the water they drink to be this dumb)
The only thing im on the fence about reportingbhim is because he’s the only one that takes care of his elderly mother. If he were to be put away then his mom would be out on the street and probably have a heart attack.

Man, i clicked in the video for two sec and cant stomach the fighting. Just felt sick afterward. Seriously half of me wants to turn him in and the other half is...idk. Just dont know what to do anymore.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is something wrong with people that like to see animals be abused. Sadly it often progresses to other things where people are hurt. I would see if you could get the activity stopped without calling him out. Who knows what he might do to the person that reported him. Oh ........ find another friend.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I understand both your concern and your reservations. Since he has been a longtime friend and you're worried about the repercussions, especially because he cares for his elderly mother, you have to do what your conscience tells you to. If it helps at all, I think your heart is in the right place.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would turn them in. What they are doing is wrong. Not maybe, not could be, not might be- it is WRONG, and the sooner ended, the better. If that costs you a friend, well, you don't need friends like that who might one day get you caught up in his activities..

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You guys gave me the confidence to turn him in. I will look into how to go about doing that tmrw. Is there a limit of statute being that it was a year ago?
Yes, please inform the police and show them the video. Even if that particular rooster fight was a year ago it's more than likely that other birds are being bred for fighting and forced to go through the same thing right now.

People who organise bird fights often organise dog fights too. Where dogs are forced to fight until they kill or maim each other. Those dog are trained by being given smaller dogs or cats to kill. Think of it as protecting your feral colony.

Don't worry about the statute, let the police figure that out. With any luck your friend will get off with a warning and the people who organised the fights will be prosecuted.

Thank you for doing the right thing

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I also pick up worms and put them in the grass, catch flies and spiders and bugs in the house and release them outside as I always say "the same guy that out me on this Earth put them here too".

Is there a way that you could report it when you know your friend is not there, just let someone know it is going on at the time and then call the police or whoever? I understand your feelings and concern, the best thing would be if your friend would see his way to understanding that this is wrong and be against it too, but sometimes that is very difficult, to get others to see the wrong of their ways, but it definitely needs to be reported and stopped and have those involved punished, I would like to go there and smear food on those people and throw them in the ring and let them be pecked to death or mauled if it were dogs, let them suffer just like those animals do, I probably would end up shot or killed if I would witness it in person but I'm sure that I would take some others out with me before I am, I am a peaceful, non violent man but things like this bring out the worst in me, my lovely wife Deb is the same way, don't ever hurt an animal in front of either of us because we would flip!!!

Sorry, it just angers me to no end, thanks for doing something about this, it obviously bothers you too and is not an easy thing to do but if you carefully think it out you can report it and remain anonymous, best of luck and let us know how it went!!!

:mad: :censored: :cloudy: :angryfire: :angrywoman:

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update: I did him a favor by taking him to Costco to buy 40 cases of bottled water for his business. Along the way he said hes looking to buy a plot of land to start a chicken farm. Needless to say, i know what his intention was. I reminded him of his prior and told hum not to risk it. I think it kinda knocked some sense into him a bit. We’ll see how this goes. Sorry for the late reply.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! You are in a sticky position! I would do as they said and take screen shots of his facebook page and report it to the police and the humane society.

I will add this. If he goes to jail or anything those are a direct consequence of HIS actions not yours. Did you break the law going to a rooster death fight? No. Did you risk breaking your probation? No! Did you risk harming your family with your stupid choices? No! Did you dumbly post it on Facebook, somehow thinking Facebook is private? Again no. He did all those things, not you. Lastly you have described him has shady (& perhaps not the brightest bulb.) I’m not sure that he is great friend material. You need to ask yourself what good/bad things being his friend adds to your life.

*Please note if he has drugs and stashes them in your house or car..... and the police find them; you could be held accountable for it! You do not want a possession charge. If by chance you do get arrested remember cops lie. Say nothing but asking for your lawyer. Then under no circumstance sign a plea deal. Many innocent people have signed plea deals to get less time. Plea deals can not be challenged or over turned. Plea deals ruin lives.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He’s a so so friend, i’d say. Did him more favors than i can count thruout the yesrs weve been friends. Im waiting to see how this plays out in the coming days/wks and will report back. Hopefully with good news.