Error Messages

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am more than a little frustrated with the new site. Every other thing I click on leads me to an error try again later message. :frustrated:I can't read new post and this is the third time I am trying to post this. :crash: I am not receiving any of my email notifications even though I made sure they were all turned on and I did not get the last newsletter. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, but I don't know if I would even be able to read them. :dunno:

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm going to ask a few questions to see what might be giving you problems.

What browser are you using (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, etc)?

What is the error message? Does it happen when you view a post or post a reply?

And have you checked your spam folders for the newsletter and notifications? I've had problems with one of my accounts suddenly sending important stuff to spam.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use Chrome. The error message itself is just a blank white screen with the words "An error has occurred. Please try again later." in small black lettering in the top right hand corner. I get the error message when I try to view a specific post and even sometimes when I just try to open a topic forum from the menu. It only seems to happen every few clicks. I tried to check out the newly posted media and it just kept giving me an error message over and over again. I have checked my spam folders. Nothing from this site is in them. I have a habit of checking them regularly anyways so I would have seen them.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also got the "An error has occurred. Please try again later." about 4:30 CDST.

Safar browser.

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also got the "An error has occurred. Please try again later." about 4:30 CDST.

Safar browser.
I have been running into another problem on occasion just trying to access the site. Chrome will say something like "Aw, Snap!": Chrome is having problems loading the page or ERROR CONNECTION RESET: Something happened that interrupted your connection to the page. or ERROR CONNECTION REFUSED: The page didn't let Chrome connect. It has only happened a few times since the update to the site. Have you had this problem before? I mean this is not as big of a deal as the in site errors. All you have to do is just close the window and try again. I was just wondering if anyone else encountered this problem or if it was just me. I thought it might be my internet connection, but it only started just after the site update, so probably not. :headscratch:
At any rate, it will take a lot more than a few annoying errors to keep me from using this site. :hellocomputer:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Have you had this problem before?
FWIW, I’m using Chrome and get the “Aw, Snap” page crash fairly often. But it started happening long before the site upgrade. It has happened once since the update but frequently before that.

Email notifications have been hit or miss since the upgrade.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When you go into gmail, do you still see tabs? It is normally set to the "primary" tab. Can you also check in the "social" and "promotions" tabs if they're still available?

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I see them. Why? Anything that is sorted by those tabs still ends up in the main inbox.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Because that's where a newsletter ended up for someone else last month, when s/he couldn't find it anywhere else. So apparently it's worth a look.

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Because that's where a newsletter ended up for someone else last month, when s/he couldn't find it anywhere else. So apparently it's worth a look.
OK, thanks. I will keep a look out there.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Moka Moka golondrina golondrina when you tap on your avatar picture and get the drop-down list, on the right hand side at the bottom of the list you should see Newsletter. Tap on that, and look to see if the little box has a check mark in it.
Mine did not, so I added the checkmark and saved my changes.

Maybe this will help you with receiving the newsletter.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moka Moka golondrina golondrina when you tap on your avatar picture and get the drop-down list, on the right hand side at the bottom of the list you should see Newsletter. Tap on that, and look to see if the little box has a check mark in it.

Many thanks Furballsmom. I did as you suggested and the little box did not have the check mark. I added it and saved my changes. We will see if I get the november newsletter when it is due.

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Thanks, mine was not checked off. I just saved it. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.