erm....constipation

jasminecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok i feel a bit silly asking this, but i can't phone the vet again, he'll think i'm some neurotic weird cat person!

Basically i haven't actually seen Tayo go poop since Tuesday? he didn't eat till thursday, now he's eating and i know he needs to go,but he strains and nothing happens.

I know he needs to go, because i can see his backside, sort of distend (sorry for being so graphical)
Is there anything i can give him to help him go?

Sorry for such a graphical thread

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
feed him some canned pumpkin with his canned food- just a little bit though and add some water to it to help him.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by JasmineCat
... but i can't phone the vet again, he'll think i'm some neurotic weird cat person!
You say that like it is a BAD thing!! *grin*

All kidding aside, any vet who doesn't take the concern of an animal's caregiver seriously - no matter how "silly" the concern may or may not turn out to be - should be considered for replacement.

You should NEVER feel like you can't call your vet. And if you do feel uncomfortable calling, then you should talk to your vet about it as soon as you can. Taking care of animals REQUIRES a good, strong, open line of communication with your vet. And if you don't feel comfortable about calling with questions and concerns, then you need to keep looking for another vet until you DO feel comfortable.

Prolonged constipation can be a symptom of serious blockage and is ALWAYS a cause for concern.

Call your vet, lamb - and don't be embarrassed to do so. That's what they are in business for.

Continued best of luck, and let us know how it goes?

Gaye