Equine fresh as cat litter?

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used equine fresh pine bedding before as litter a few years back for a short time and I know how to clean it out but I stopped using it because was unable to go to the store that had it but now im able again im thinking about switching the cats back to it because it doesn't stink and its cheap

But i got a few questions
1 is it respiratory friendly for cats and humans? I have asthma and cant handle the current litter and my older kitty has breathing issues
2 is it safe for cats ? I didnt use it long enough last time to find out

And do you guys use equine fresh pine?

Thank you

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use the Equine Pine Pellets from  Tractor Supply company.  It is identical to Feline Pine and costs much less ($5.99 for a 40 lb. bag at Tractor Supply).  It deodorizes better than any other litter I have ever used, it tracks a little but only because I have open boxes and enthusiastic cats who throw litter everywhere.  It lasts a long time also.  Prior to that I was using the litter made ofr corn but scented to smell like pine.  It worked very well but I became slightly allergic to it and every time I would scoop a box, I would cough and feel a tickle in my throat.  I switched to this one and no longer have that problem.  I would highly recommend it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im getting the equine fresh pine today or tomorrow

My symptoms with the clay non clump and clump are coughing to the point of wanting to puke sore throat and bad stuffy nose and sneezing I cant handle it anymore I cant wait to get rid of the clay out of the house