Enzyme cleaner not working!

caryclan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

I have two male cats. They have been together for three years now - adopted at the same time. Very attached to one another!

We recently moved and the stress caused my laid back boy to develop a blockage. He had this fixed and has since been back to the vet to be checked again. He is going regularly in the box and doing well. They have him on special food and currently on some meds.

The other cat is definitely more vengeful. He's very lovable, but quite the grudge holder! He was depressed when his brother was gone, but glad to have him back.

So, I am having the problem of not knowing which one is peeing on my furniture and bed. I keep thinking I have figured it out, but then they go and surprise me!

Nature's Miracle Advanced Just for Cats seems to be attracting my cat or cats back to the spot and not removing the pheromones! I soaked my bedding (sheets, mattress pad, egg carton, everything!) and washed them, sprayed the mattress, sprayed the couches. Three nights in a row of me waking up to a puddle of pee is getting quite old. Also, they are still going on the furniture - that I have cleaned repeatedly. I don't want to block them only in the bathroom for fear of stress causing more issues.

Are there any other cleaners suggested? Anything I can do???

I am so tired (emotionally and physically). These are my boys, and I am not planning on giving them up. I really need some help though! I have never had any trouble with them before.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This last summer when Pipsqueak lost his best friend suddenly he was totally stressed out about it. He started peeing on the bed and on some of his cat beds. I would wash bedding with bleach and could easily wash his beds too. But NOK out and Stink Free (sold at petsmart) are the best I have found. Luckily Pipsqueak stopped after a few weeks and surprisingly so when I brought in the new rescue barn kittens. He seemed happy to be the Pip Daddy. Stress can cause cats to pee inappropriately and also urinary infections. I actually put a litter box on my bed for a few days!! He never used it though. But then he never went on the bed again. And so far everything has been been going well.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nature's Miracle never worked very well for me. I've been using Nok Out for a couple of years now with great success. I always completely soak anything that is thick (like a mattress or sofa cushion) at least 2 times to completely neutralize the odor. Spraying with a bottle doesn't work - you have to pour it on then work it in with a brush.

For your bed: invest in a plastic mattress liner and put it on top of the mattresses but under your mattress pad. If nothing else, it will prevent them from smelling anything that lingers in your mattress and if they go again, it doesn't sink into your mattress.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can buy Nok Out at Petsmart? It is the best enzyme cleaner we've ever used - we use it for cleaning everything, pretty much. I thought it was only available online!

For the original poster, if you can't find it locally, you can purchase it here: http://www.nokout.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caryclan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all of your help!

After work I went to PetSmart and bought Stink Free. Do you use this alone or do you use the Nok Out at the same time? They don't sell the Nok Out at this PetSmart.

I am so glad I found this website. This has been a huge issue since Hank had his blockage. It's been quite worrisome. You all are so kind.

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stink Free works really well for us, even on clothing and dog beds (the two things ours was really peeing on). We just poured it on, worked it in a bit and then let it air dry.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, I am sorry my post read as though you could buy NOK OUT at Petsmart. But Petsmart only sells STINK FREE. NOK OUT I have gotten online only. I have also never had any luck with Natures Miracle Advanced Cat.

You don't have to use NOK OUT with Stink Free. One or the other will work well alone. Good Luck, hope you get this resolved quickly.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been using Zero Odor for Cassidy's mishaps and found that it works really well. You can buy it through Amazon. It's pretty expensive but is worth the cost of what you pay for it.

http://www.amazon.com/ZeroOdor-Molec...7462655&sr=1-1

Good luck with getting everything cleaned up! I know how difficult it is having to deal with Cassidy.

kody's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bed Bath & Beyond also carry Zero Odor and it is 12.99 for the regular and 14.99 for the Pet one--you can always use their 20% off coupons, too.

The Nature's Miracle doesn't seem to work for lots of people.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caryclan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, I am still working on it. The Stink Free has helped. We also think it's because he was on the muscle relaxer he was just getting too relaxed. We're waiting to see if that helps too...