Entertaining cats while I'm gone

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i wouldnt stress to much about how to keep him entertained while your at work cats sleep most of the day anyways aside from short trips to eat or use litter box. the time once you are home and how its spent will matter more as in a good play session that allows him to burn energy off and create a good bond together

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nlkiser198343

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm should I get smartycat 31 inch scratch post or Frisco 32.5 inch which is $2 cheaper. The smartycat one is said to be number one but the Frisco one seems to have better reviews

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
buy the tallest one your budget can afford and your home can fit also avoid the fabric/micro fiber type ones they get shredded up fast and dont last as long as one thats covered using real carpet just my opinon only. highly dependent upon how much your cat likes to sharpen its claws and scratch its tree. also a really tall cat tree offers a better spot to climb up high and observe things for your catversus a short one which wont appeal to it as much as a high shelf or counters etc.pic is of graycie after she jumped onto the wall mounted ac which she has not jumped onto since buying the 6 foot plus cat tree neither has she went onto the fireplace mantle to get behind our tv

Attachments

nlkiser198343

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got a decent cat tree for him as close to the window as he can get but he doesn't stay there long. It has sisal scratch posts but there to short for him. The big wood divider in my living room is more appealing to him. He's got nails exposed on it now so I really need to get him to stop. I nailed scratch boards so he can't scratch it but now I need something else sturdy that he will scratch. The smartcat I just ordered is listed number one over all. It's sisal carpet rather than rope.

nlkiser198343

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw videos of cats climbing it. The only thing is you can't replace anything on it. You just have to replace the whole thing. People say it lasts a few years for one cat but I'll find out. He's still acting strange because he got neutered and rabies vaccine 2 days ago

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think a tall scratcher is good and you can put one like that almost anywhere. As long as the bottom is weighted enough that they don't knock it over.

nlkiser198343

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been 3 days since my cat was neutered. I figured it would take him time to start peeing in the litter box again since it's been so long since he has. He's peed everywhere but the litter box for a few months now. He still hasn't gone in the litter box but he poops in there just fine. Already peed on the floor at least once. I wonder what else I can do? I already have 2 litter boxes for 1 cat up and downstairs. I use tidy cats unscented clumping litter so I think the litter and the boxes are fine?

nlkiser198343

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got this turntable thing with a mouse that spins and I put one of those small automatic rolling balls in there. These # tunnels I set up this way and these small crinkle plastic things he bats around. He was just playing with all of it

Attachments

nlkiser198343

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still using everything in the house for scratching accept the 3 scratching posts now. Including my new chair carpet. I even sprinkled catnip on the brand new $50. 32 inch ultimate scratching post.

nlkiser198343

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I got Dr Elsey's attracting litter also. Should I try mixing it with tidycats in all 3 litter boxes or should I try one type of litter in one and the other type in the other ones?

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
Go on YouTube they have videos that go 10 hours with birds and all kinds of animals and it keeps mine occupied for a long time. They come and go to it
I have to agree with this post , 100% ! Peanut loves this ! she has cat tree, toys , floppy fish, interactive birds, mice..name it. . put on CATFLIX, or BIRDER KING.. bam ! she's content for hours ! :happycat: I have watched her to see what she prefers ..LOL .she LOVES mice and birds; finds fish boring LOL ... imagine that ! She loves it so much we put up a little PC monitor for her , and piggy backed it off one of our computers, and just run it for her ..its like a window . she watches birds, chipmunks anytime she wants !