Enough nutrition?

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I posted previously about Nulo brand, but decided to just go with something I'm more familiar with- blue buffalo indoor kitten wet food. My kitten (8 week old, Fae) will be getting this 3x a day as well as free feeding Primitive Earthborn Holistic dry food. Does this seem like a good combo? Or something that will be good for her while she grows? Also, how long does she need to be on kitten food? I assume at least 6 months... (Last food post promise, lol)

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I don't advise feeding such a young kitten any food labeled "indoor" as this type of food is often used to maintain a weight and often has less fat (and sometimes less protein) and more carbs.

I feed Nulo in rotation with Nature's Variety and Purina's new Muse line. The cats all like it; but, all flavored contain fish (except maybe the beef??) and that is a issue for some people. I don't have a problem with it as I feed other canned foods without fish.

If you are comfortable feeding BB, go with the regular kitten formula. It also wouldn't hurt to have Nulo canned in the rotation. It's always food to have 3 or so brands in a rotation in the event a formula is changed, there is a recall or your cat suddenly decides they are tired of or no longer care for a particular brand/flavor.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since the Earthborn is for both kittens AND cats, it should have enough nutrition, and since the Nulo is for all stages (if you decide to put it into the rotation), and obviously the BB KITTEN is for kittens, you should have the proper nutrition going on. 

Our Vet told us to feed kitten food until at least 8 months.

Oh, and don't worry if you want to make another post...we won't bite

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I posted on my other thread what I FINALLY, lol, decided to put her on. My other older cats are on Earthborn dry and Simply Nourish wet, which I would want to eventually switch her to when she's grown. My oldest cat is 6 and other is 3, but my 3 year old I rescued when she was almost 2 so it's been very long since I've taken care of a kitten [emoji]128541[/emoji]