Enlarged area near the nipple

JulietEpoque

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!
I discovered something like a cyst or a bump under my 5 years spayed male cat 15 days ago.
I’ve taken him to two different vets: the first said it was his nipple inflamed, the second one said it was something caused by some trauma, but not the nipple.
This are the pictures from day 1 to yesterday. It has changed a lot in these day, and now he has little blackheads in the nipple area. The “cyst” is still there but is smaller than before. I will take him to another vet this week, but I would like to know what do you think about it?
Both of the vets said it can’t be a mammary cancer because it was spayed at 7 months and he’s a male.

Attachments

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you, try another vet. I have only had one female with, what turned out to be 4 cysts under her skin and not mammary cysts. These were removed but have started to grow back again. So long as they don't affect her agility, they will not be treated.
The black dots seem rather strange so it would be worth checking even just to put your mind at rest about those.
I hope it's nothing serious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JulietEpoque

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree with you, try another vet. I have only had one female with, what turned out to be 4 cysts under her skin and not mammary cysts. These were removed but have started to grow back again. So long as they don't affect her agility, they will not be treated.
The black dots seem rather strange so it would be worth checking even just to put your mind at rest about those.
I hope it's nothing serious.
I thought about an inverted nipple that has developed fat or something, but I dont’ feel of squeezing it. But I want to be sure, so I’ll take an appointment with another wet for sure