End of pregnancy discharge

Skylarmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, Boo, is in what would be her last week of pregnancy, guessing timeline, I've been seeing the kittens move in her stomach about 3 weeks now, she had a light brownish/yellowish discharge on saturday night, the turned more yellow throughout the night, now she's spotting almost a watery blood/yellow color, is this expected? I probably wouldn't notice unless I was looking because she keeps it mostly groomed. I haven't had a pregnant cat since I was a kid and now I'm in my 40s. She has been very clingy the last two days, meowing and wanting us around her all the time. We have 3 nesting spots set up and she likes to lay in one but I'm worry about the spotting. She is at least 5yrs old (might be older, she was feral so they aren't quite sure of her age). I'm trying to avoid the vet unless it sounds worrysome because strangers (pretty much anyone besides people she sees every day) freak her out and she gets really stressed. She is set to get spayed the end of October.

Attachments

nancyjoel123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since it’s bloody, I believe she is having her “bloody show” and the yellow mucus was likely bits of the mucus plug coming out. She will soon go into active labor if that’s truly the case. If she has blood/watery discharge more than a few days without going into labor, you should definitely call her vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skylarmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No more kittens yet. She is acting almost normal, wandering the house, eating anything she can con us to give her on top of her regular food, drinking, she has peed at least 3 times that I know of for sure not sure about bowel movements and resting a bit more. She isn't going to any of the nesting spots, very lightly spotting, once in a while I see her twitch like there is a light contraction. As far as I can tell I don't feel anything else touching her belly besides one lump near her vagina that I read is probably her uterus still swelled.

Skylarmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, what I was going to ask and got side tracked, is there anything I should be watching for that would sign she didn't give birth to everything. There were the 2 dead kittens and 2 plancentas

Skylarmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Now that I have had sleep, The babies that were stillborn all had fur, the first was a light calico that looked like it had some development issues and I thought we had a chance on saving the second, it was orange but he was born foot first and took a few minutes for her to push out. He looked perfectly formed but his mouth was open with a lot of fluid, she chewed the cord and I started t clearing the fluid from his face, I did everything I could trying to get all the fluid out (everything I read ahead of time to try) and massaging him but nothing worked. When I left him alone she licked him a few minutes then tried eating him like she tried with the first one. Once she was distracted for a second I moved them both away and buried them later. She is still acting normal, she even went and slept by our other cat when she had been mean to him the last few weeks (he is neutered and 15yrs old, Boo was the only unfixed animal in the house, she does have an appointment at a low cost place in october).

Skylarmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Figured I would update since it has been a week. Took her to the vet on Monday, he felt around said he didn't feel anything worrisome and she was healthy so didn't recommend xrays or anything. Had a full panel bloodwork ran since it was needed anyway for her spay since she is over 5, everything came back good. She is still a noisy pain but has been since I conned her into a house. She meows very loudly if she don't know where you are, and got even more spoiled not being left alone the last week of her pregnancy.

Funny news is I still somehow ended up with a kitten that I didn't plan on, my husband was out and came home with a orange and white kitten in a box, said a friend was giving them away and he felt sorry for it and couldn't just let it go with just anyone and since I was sad about Boo's kittens passing he brought it home. So now I have 3 cats at the moment. It got quarantined to the spare room (kitten safe) a few days. Not exactly sure how old since the guy didn't give him any information but she (I think she) is around 8 or 9 weeks, she weighs almost 2.5 lbs. I had to weigh her to de-flea and deworm her. She is a noisy fearless creature. She did not like being seperate anytime she had to be by herself and hearing her meow would cause boo to walk up and down the hall looking for her. I let them all meet yesterday, Boo seems to halfway want to adopt her after sniffing and licking her, she is not trying to feed her at least, the kitten tries to swat at her most of the time when boo tries licking her so I try to distract her from doing it. Aiming for a friendly rather than mommy relationship between them especially since I don't know if it will mess with Boo's hormones going back to normal. My older cat is just amused and lays down to watch the kitten occasionally giving a light hiss and moving to a different spot when she tried to use him as a toy. She is at that age everything is a toy to attack or climb and has no fear of jumping, I had to catch her multiple times yesterday.

There are pictures of Boo relaxing on my lap, new baby Venus (if she is a girl like I am guessing, picture to help with that too) And my old man.

Attachments

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe with her kittens dying, she is longing for a baby to take care of. Sounds like Venus fell into your life at just the exact moment she was needed.