End of pregnancy discharge

Skylarmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
My cat, Boo, is in what would be her last week of pregnancy, guessing timeline, I've been seeing the kittens move in her stomach about 3 weeks now, she had a light brownish/yellowish discharge on saturday night, the turned more yellow throughout the night, now she's spotting almost a watery blood/yellow color, is this expected? I probably wouldn't notice unless I was looking because she keeps it mostly groomed. I haven't had a pregnant cat since I was a kid and now I'm in my 40s. She has been very clingy the last two days, meowing and wanting us around her all the time. We have 3 nesting spots set up and she likes to lay in one but I'm worry about the spotting. She is at least 5yrs old (might be older, she was feral so they aren't quite sure of her age). I'm trying to avoid the vet unless it sounds worrysome because strangers (pretty much anyone besides people she sees every day) freak her out and she gets really stressed. She is set to get spayed the end of October.

Attachments

nancyjoel123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Reaction score
Since it’s bloody, I believe she is having her “bloody show” and the yellow mucus was likely bits of the mucus plug coming out. She will soon go into active labor if that’s truly the case. If she has blood/watery discharge more than a few days without going into labor, you should definitely call her vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skylarmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
No more kittens yet. She is acting almost normal, wandering the house, eating anything she can con us to give her on top of her regular food, drinking, she has peed at least 3 times that I know of for sure not sure about bowel movements and resting a bit more. She isn't going to any of the nesting spots, very lightly spotting, once in a while I see her twitch like there is a light contraction. As far as I can tell I don't feel anything else touching her belly besides one lump near her vagina that I read is probably her uterus still swelled.

Skylarmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
Oh, what I was going to ask and got side tracked, is there anything I should be watching for that would sign she didn't give birth to everything. There were the 2 dead kittens and 2 plancentas

Skylarmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
Now that I have had sleep, The babies that were stillborn all had fur, the first was a light calico that looked like it had some development issues and I thought we had a chance on saving the second, it was orange but he was born foot first and took a few minutes for her to push out. He looked perfectly formed but his mouth was open with a lot of fluid, she chewed the cord and I started t clearing the fluid from his face, I did everything I could trying to get all the fluid out (everything I read ahead of time to try) and massaging him but nothing worked. When I left him alone she licked him a few minutes then tried eating him like she tried with the first one. Once she was distracted for a second I moved them both away and buried them later. She is still acting normal, she even went and slept by our other cat when she had been mean to him the last few weeks (he is neutered and 15yrs old, Boo was the only unfixed animal in the house, she does have an appointment at a low cost place in october).