Emotional Support

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Amen to that! My cat, Cotton (now passed) knew when I needed her. In fact, if someone in our family was sad or sick; Cotton knew. And she went to them. I was devastated when we had to make the awful decision we pet owners hate. Her kidneys failed. It was a year ago. For my birthday I decided it was time to get a cat again. I was lead to Jemima and I know she’s mine. She looked at me with her kitten eyes and we knew we belonged together. Never underestimate the power of our bond to our cats! They are therapeutic to say the least. I’m glad you have her (him?)❤🐱

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go to sleep with arnold, wake up with arnold....we have a special connection. He calms me and reassures me all will be well. Being with him reminds me of the truly important things in life and to keep the rest in perspective.

20190608_063132-1.jpg

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I go to sleep with arnold, wake up with arnold....we have a special connection. He calms me and reassures me all will be well. Being with him reminds me of the truly important things in life and to keep the rest in perspective.

View attachment 310628
My boy Snowball does the same for me...And he sleeps with me too..Hes my world

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are my best friends. I feel like people think I’m pathetic when I say that, and maybe I am. But I can’t relate to people the way I do with cats. I have a hard time building friendships with humans. I don’t know what I’d do without my cats.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Even in the midst of a depressive episode, I can appreciate the love of a cat who wants to be near me no matter what.View attachment 310612
Being someone who has been fighting years of on and off depression, I can fully understand what you mean, especially with the part where our cat/s (or other animals), seem to know when we are really in our deepest abyss. Our cats have a way of letting us know that things will be alright, even without having the capability to speak human language. It is truly amazing just thinking how deep that bond is, which cannot be explained and understood especially by those who have not given the privilege to love and be loved by an animal.

Among my cats, Bourbon is the one I am closest to. Every night I whisper to her ear how I love her, before we go to sleep, and in the morning even with my eyes still closed I search through my hand the familiar softness of her fur just above my head where she usually lay. When I touch her, she would start to purr ever so loudly, as if acknowledging my morning greeting and letting me know she is still there.

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So precious. Animals are so amazing in that way. I can say with confidence I wouldn’t be alive today if it weren’t for the dogs and cats who have helped me through my bouts of depression over the years.

This past year has been very rough for me, but Chilli has absolutely been my rock through it all. I’m so thankful for her. She is one of the most steadfast, patient, and compassionate friends I’ve ever had. :hearthrob:
18CAE6B9-0DF9-4EE7-9379-A896BCC195F6.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I'm going to be candid. Sometimes, I self-harm. I know I shouldn't, but the urge is too powerful.

I was doing it just now, until Selene jumped up on me and lay down. Rationally, I know she just wanted a warm place to sleep, but emotionally, it's like she was telling me to stop.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So precious. Animals are so amazing in that way. I can say with confidence I wouldn’t be alive today if it weren’t for the dogs and cats who have helped me through my bouts of depression over the years.

This past year has been very rough for me, but Chilli has absolutely been my rock through it all. I’m so thankful for her. She is one of the most steadfast, patient, and compassionate friends I’ve ever had. :hearthrob:
View attachment 311182
Chilli is beautiful!